Anyone Get Flowers Delievered Today ?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if you could root that secondary growth, Mary ...

Got any perlite handy?

We would have called that a disbud and removed it, weeks ago. The growers didn't and it adds some country charm there in the foliage. If it is attached to that flower bud - I bet a dime to a donut, the bud won't open if it's left in the vase.

;) Steve
I have rooted a couple of roses this way. They did not last too many winters nor get very vigorous.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sent DH in Walmart to pick up a prescription, so that helped jog his memory. He brought me a bouquet of red roses and one each of pretty mixed flowers for both of the girls. I thought that was sweet. Might help them set their standard high when it comes to dating someday, I hope!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sent DH in Walmart to pick up a prescription, so that helped jog his memory. He brought me a bouquet of red roses and one each of pretty mixed flowers for both of the girls. I thought that was sweet. Might help them set their standard high when it comes to dating someday, I hope!
Good going DH :) My Dad set the standards pretty high, too. Always bringing Mom flowers or other unexpected treats. After Mom passed he started taking flowers (Hanging baskets in the spring and pots of Mums) to us girls and his favorite neighbors.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father used to take a rose to all the older single women he knew -- most were widowed, retired school teachers. and not likely to get flowers for Valentine's Day. Mom didn't like the idea, but I've gone along with him on his deliveries. The women seemed happy for the flower, the company, and knowing they were not forgotten.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father used to take a rose to all the older single women he knew -- most were widowed, retired school teachers. and not likely to get flowers for Valentine's Day. Mom didn't like the idea, but I've gone along with him on his deliveries. The women seemed happy for the flower, the company, and knowing they were not forgotten.
Bless his heart. :love

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I saw a whole bunch of WM Valentine bouquets unbought yesterday, probably now on clearance.
My mother turned me off of cut flowers as gifts bc she felt entitled to getting them. I think it's nice when somebody is surprised and really likes flowers from a florist/store and is gifted them, just not something I care for. HOWEVER, you should ALWAYS appreciate a heartfelt gift.
I got caramels.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
On Valentine's Day, I told my son (the chef) to go out to the tables and greet the ladies. Told him to also pick up some roses and hand a stem out to each of them. It makes people feel special when the Chef comes out to ask how their meal was. Gotta check to see if he did it. ;) Hoping he'll meet his future wife/girlfriend. :p

Mary

Latest posts