Anyone have Luck growing Paw Paw

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a YouTube video last year that showed how to modify the grape spiral on a Squeezo or Roma strainer to be able to run paw paws through, skin and all, to remove the seeds easier. I think I'm going to do that to mine. I never use the grape spiral since I make my grape juice another way without it.

I'll bet the seeds that pass through in animal dung germinate faster too. Probably breaks down the seed coat better.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Brunt Ridge has seeds for $2, I am not patent so stratification would be hard for me. They say Paw Paw seeds breed true, so ordering 3 potted unknown seedlings.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dogs love the smell of rotted meat so much they will roll in it, to smell like it. Those are some panicked phone calls I get when dogs do that.
I had a dog as a kid that loved to roll in dead fish. Our sweet little dog would often sneak off just as we were about to leave our cottage at the lake to go home for the week. Back he would come, stinking like no other bad stink. We had to wash him multiple times then ride home with the smell of wet dog and mild gross fish.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't tell Bob, he has a thing about tax deductions. Speaking of Taxs sales are due
If NYboy gives the Paw Paw fruit or any gift to a customer he can only limit the dollar value to a maximum of $25 . He would also have to document his expenses as to their true value ( purchase receipt of gift or documented cost of production of the entire crop divided by the number gifted) in order to deduct it as an business expense. :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob I think what Red ment was making my own dog shampoo out of Paw Paw grown on my own trees. I do spend thousands of dollars on shampoo. It is much more expensive then people shampoo

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYboy... same goes for any product one would produce ( or purchase), one would have to show documentation of your expenses of producing that product or purchase. Your product value would still be limited to $25 as a gift to a customer. And while you are taking out one or more of your customers out to lunch or dinner, your bill can be deducted only at 50% of the bill. At one audit, a realtor made a gift of $100 to $2500 to a home buyer depending on value of home purchase and made these gifts as deductions off the realtor's commissions and was more than shocked when all of these gifts were sumerily reduced to $25 and upheld in Tax Court.

Latest posts