Anyone starting seeds yet?

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am getting restless. I have a schedule and I am not to start anything until Feb but I am getting really antsy. I have my new soil block maker and it is still clean and never been used. I feel like I am doing it a disservice but I know it is tooooooo early.
I started peas ( just to check fertility which was 100% so I thought what the heck, and planted them. Yeah they are growing in the basement in a 1 gal planter. They actually need trellised somehow. I started sage in little 3" pots so I can't even transplant them. I may go soak my hands in some potting soil for a while to try to take the edge off.

Anyone growing anything?

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am getting close. I made two more heating units yesterday for the seed starting. I have the soil and as soon as we get a few lights in place will begin the seeds. First I will do some perennial flower seeds and herbs, then some tomatoes, etc. It is a little early for the vegetables, but it won't be long. So itchy to get started!!!

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I couldn't stand it any more and start seeds a couple of days ago. Little micro jungle of broccoli is looking good and the tomatoes are starting to peek at me :rose

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, I think I am going to go and start some onions and maybe lettuce. Now I know that I am not the only one I won't feel so bad. I need to go and set up for my lights. :weight

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I started my early season stuff - Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, snow peas, cabbage - a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably start some tomatoes at the end of the month. Way too early, but I can't resist.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I started a couple weeks ago.
I have several kinds of tomatos about 2" tall.
My peppers are just breaking ground.
These are all with out of date seeds just to see what I'll need to pick up on my trip to Fla. in Feb.

THANX RICH

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
retiredwith4acres said:
I am getting close. I made two more heating units yesterday for the seed starting. I have the soil and as soon as we get a few lights in place will begin the seeds. First I will do some perennial flower seeds and herbs, then some tomatoes, etc. It is a little early for the vegetables, but it won't be long. So itchy to get started!!!
How did you make your heating units? I'm looking at different ways to avoid buying an actual "starting light".

I was crazy inside the house yesterday so I started 8 each of 3 types of vining perennials.

Since i was so late to start my (1st ever) garden last year, I'm anxious to get some veggies started here soon inside. Tomatoes are what I am most excited about and I bought three types of seeds this year!

Latest posts