Anyone starting seeds yet?

jhook1997

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I couldn't wait either. I have cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, eggplant and various perennial flowers already started and some coming up! Here's photos of the shelves I built for sprouting.

8794_shelf_front.jpg

8794_shelf_side.jpg

gardendufus

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've been holding myself back.........but the seed exchange in Denver is Saturday.........may need restraints after that.

:barnie

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you can start anything in the broccoli family, peppers,eggplant, lettuce, tomatoes will get leggy but you can always plant them deep. Any herbs should be fine. I plant consecutively so you could just start a few of each. I find eggplant and peppers need a substantial plant in order to produce. I am technically in zone 6 but, perennials listed as zone 6 do not make it but, zone 5 is fine.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I started tomatoes, eggplant, and celery on the 16th....

Here's what I have today

Tomatoes (that I turn every evening)
tomatoes.jpg

and celery
1-26celery.jpg

mommahen

Sprout
Reaction score
Looks wonderful! :thumbsup I just might have to start some Brocolli and peas--couldn't hurt.:love

bluelacedredhead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've started some microgreens (thick plantings of an Italian greens mix and some yellow soup peas) for eating now. We haven't been in this house long and I have yet to decide where to set up my seed starting table? Guess I better decide quickly as the time is approaching.

Some great pics of setups and seedlings. Thanks for sharing.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I will be this weekend. I'm not sure where I'm going to set up my lights though. The new house just doesn't have a good spot for it. What I wouldn't give for a greenhouse...

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Right now, I'm just growing some Easter plants for church ( a Nasturtium, and some Farewell-to-Spring plants). They'll be blooming by Easter. The first veggies to get started are Watermellons (April), followed by Melon/Cucumbers (April-May).

epitman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
it makes me mad when i go to lowes or home depot or even walmart in the first week of march and they have all of there tomato, peppers, and other stuff out and they are 10 times bigger than what i have started. can someone tell me when bonnie starts there seeds????? ok yes i have a grow light and lots of stuff growing and sprouting and i am using rainwater and fertilizer. I WILL NOT BE OUT DONE BY BONNIE THIS YEAR!!!!! :thumbsup