Appropriate Ads

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last time I pulled up a new discussion that had a comment from Marshall, a banner across the top read "Part Neanderthal? Check your DNA"
Marshall, the big super snooper in the sky is taking your self-deprecation seriously! :clap

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Amazing how low advertisers will go to make a buck! Absolutely stunning and amazing!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Last time I pulled up a new discussion that had a comment from Marshall, a banner across the top read "Part Neanderthal? Check your DNA"
Marshall, the big super snooper in the sky is taking your self-deprecation seriously! :clap
OMG !!! Kinda funny and SCARY at the same time. :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's no way around it . . .

Big Data has got us!

I just mentioned "red spiders" in the dahlias and immediately got a "spider spray" ad :rolleyes:. Okay, I need to do some more chemical research but I wasn't talking about spiders in the house but "spider mites" in the garden . . .

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yep, same here. i have a blocker on mine too. but i use Firefox as my browser and can decide to block adds anytime i don't like them and it will always block that particular add if it tries to pop up anywhere else. i have a popup blocker running so nothing will spontaneously show up and slow things down for me. i also have a program called Ghostery that shows me how many spying/data collecting programs are hiding on a page that can slow it down from loading and blocks those i don't want pulling my info. so far with TEG only 3 have tried to sneak their way in: Google Adsense, Google Analytics and Viglink

oh, nearly forgot. Google Adsence is the program that is pulling your info you've been typing about and then will post adds related to your last conversation or the last thing you searched for.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Soooo... when an add pops up for something I've never even heard of... does that mean that one of you were searching for it?????

Like right now, there is an add for Kroger. No Krogers near me, not on my radar, haven't given them a thought - ever. But I can get a coupon for them.. :rolleyes:
And at the bottom is one for discount garden decor. Who's shopping for garden decor? I'll send you the link.
:D

Latest posts