April Fool's pranks

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyone have plans to prank your friends or family today?

My husband's family always made a tradition of it, so I've tried to be clever and get in on the fun with them. Been kind of a stressful week for us, but I'm trying to cook up a good one. Laughter is definitely good medicine! Best one I ever pulled off, I saved some Christmas gingerbread cookie dough in the freezer and made "poo" in my FIL's shoe. The cat and dog bore the brunt of that one. LOL It's hard to get one over on my DH, but I'm going to try. I have some more gingerbread dough. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am not a negative Nancy. Nor do I mind a good joke, and I tell good jokes frequently. But, I really do not like any practical jokes. I often wish the jokesters would have these same things happen to them. I guess I can tolerate them today...until midnight...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I work with computer systems. I set everyone's home page to com.google

My DH is a computer guy too. One of his favorites is to take a screenshot of their desktop, then make that the wallpaper, then hide all of their shortcuts in a folder elsewhere. People learn to set their passwords to lock their desktop pretty quickly after that. :D

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DS has put something on DD's computer that when she turns it on, all the pictures turn to Nicholas Cage. Last year he did something where his wireless mouse could take over her computer and open things and close things. She thought she had a virus and was about to have a fit when he opened a file he had made that said APRIL'S FOOL and his name and she was so confused that she did not realize it was her brother and thought it was a friend who has the same name and thought he had taken control of her computer. She finally turned around and saw her brother laughing and realized he did it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bwahahaa, I just got my DH good! I've been nagging him for weeks now to make a dental appointment for a checkup. He's way overdue. I'd do it for him, but I never know what he has on his calendar, when he has meetings scheduled and such.

So I called to nag one more time today...and I told him, "Look Babe, I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, but the reason I want to make sure you get your appointment done is because you have had terrible breath here lately. I mean, I can barely stand to kiss you! There must be something wrong with your teeth and you need the dentist to take a look at that. You know how you can't smell your own breath? Seriously, it's really bad!"

I totally had him going for about 5 minutes there. :gig But I am one of those people who can't keep their poker face. I told him happy April Fool's before we got off of the phone. :) That wasn't too mean was it? :p

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure we all take our computers and our need for them to function properly VERY seriously. Definitely gets that effect you'd hoped for. LOL :D