Are these seeds viable?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought them as 1.5ft plants last year, they grew to 4ft or so real fast and are evergreen.
You can see the wee little plants on this page, near the bottom.
http://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/i-hate-grass.15199/page-2

And here is the same plant in May. Dark red-ish flowers, my bad. I have a terrible memory...
zz.jpg

And no, no one still hasn't come for the free 'u cut, u haul' wood. So if anyone near wants it, stop on by!

I always save the plant tags. And always end up misplacing them... =/

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoops, nope, almost 6ft, it's taller than I am! :D
My favorite plant thus far, lol. Will be buying more in spring! Need to add string around them to keep them from splitting from snow weight....

Pics from just now.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two were planted April 10th, 2014. Tonight's pictures I just posted above is the same 2 plants.
Hill is mine to the fence only, but it's an unmanageable thorn mess right now....

Marked by blue.
April-
plant2.jpg

May
plant1.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red blooms would probably make it a Burkwood broom,( Cytisus dallimorei) . You can prune them down after they flower to keep them more compact. They grow well in poor soils so I wouldn't give them any fertilization or you may get a lot of soft floppy growth.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Husband will hate them once they start blooming next year, lol.
They are a better buy than that sand cherry, poor thing, it's not going to get anywhere with how the bugs love snacking on it! But they came for the weeping cherry, too. Now we have a bug killer that goes through the plant instead of constantly spraying the leaves. We'll see if it helps any. I don't grow any food in the front yard anymore and it's away from all the pastures and animals.

Latest posts