Garden Master
Reaction score
Ready
IMG_0492.JPG

What ever you do don't drive with them on

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's always overcast here during any events like that, so we never get to see them, either solar or lunar. Today is, predictably, very overcast.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Raining here. We are supposed to clear and be partly cloudy around eclipse time. We shall see. 90% totality here.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm hearing that the glasses that people are buying are not strong enough. I plan to keep the kids inside to be safe. It's foggy right now but should clear up by then.

One of my techi parents said you can record with your iphone and that it won't harm your phone. He said you can also see it in the reflection of water without harming your eyes.

Mary

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First ten minutes hasn't been real exciting. I'm gonna go hang out with my hens for the rest of it... that should prove interesting!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Starting to see the changes in daylight here....VERY strange and the temps are dropping out there. BLISS!

I'm going to take advantage of this and get some sweaty work done. It cleared up enough here to visualize this phenomenon but I don't have any glasses for doing so...will just observe the light changes on the landscape and enjoy it in that manner.

VERY weird light out there....kinda cool.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was pretty cool, but not as dark as was predicted. Weird light before and after. The kids who were here enjoyed it. My area is going to be in the totality for the next eclipse in 7 years. The period of totality is supposed to be closer to 4 minutes then. Looking forward to that!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well made back home to see 20 seconds of the eclipse before storm clouds rolled in...poo
anyway left work at 3:30am got down to columbia sc 7:30 am no traffic on the way down besides normal.
back on the road at 10:30 am, from the nc/sc state to the shop is 87 miles. the first 20 miles where normal after that it got funny
mile marker 35
IMG_0493[1].JPG

mile marker 57
IMG_0511[1].JPG

mile marker 70
IMG_0517[1].JPG

and after that it just got worse it was backed up a mile into north carolina.....
our house... 2:40 pm all most looks like evening time...
IMG_0520[1].JPG

internet while down there was almost not working....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in east Texas I don't know the percentage of view, but at 1:15 the sun looked like a crescent moon, just a sliver. The light was of a very faintish green cast, like just before a hurricane hits. We had one pair of glasses and had a lot of fun with them. We got horse feed and shared the glasses with the cashier lady and the young man who loaded the feed. Both were appreciative. Then we went to Connie's Place, a small town café we love to patronize. Connie, our waitress, the cook and a young man we didn't know all took turns with the glasses, looking at the eclipse. When we stopped for fuel, keys were stuck in the gas pump door, so I went inside to tell them. The attendant came out, he used the glasses to look at the eclipse and called to another young man who came running to use the glasses also. We had more fun sharing those glasses than using them ourselves. $5 well spent.

Latest posts