Are you TOO well cared for?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm running a little late this morning and just ground some beans and started my coffee. Okay, I'm not running at all. We still haven't gotten to sunrise on a cloudy morning. My plan is to use the sunny afternoon for some more garden clean up. Oh! And, I've got to fire up the lawn sprinklers again today! Too many days without rain . . .

So, what's the story about the coffee pot? I can barely get to it on the counter!! DW has all this "stuff" on the kitchen counter!

What is this "stuff?" It's for me . . . She knows that I like dry fruit. She eats next to none of it. There are 4 containers of figs, raisins, banana chips . . . Bread, not one loaf but 2. She considers making a sandwich some kind of meal. DW would rather cook for an hour than bother with a sandwich. They are snacks for me and the bread sits beside the box of crackers (often there are several) and peanut butter.

She uses the honey - we are a hot cereal for breakfast family - there are 3 containers :rolleyes:. The large jar of brown sugar finds the same use, some cereal honey/some cereal brown sugar. We have our preferences.

No hot cereal this morning. No, there is apple pie. She made it 2 days ago and has had 1 slice . . . I gotta eat that pie! It is made the same way Mom used to make apple pie, using her recipe. And. When I've finished that one - there's another in the fridge!

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I cannot function with clutter on my kitchen counters. I need the calmness that my wide counter space gives me. I have a friend who has very little counter space to begin with. There is so much stuff on there. When she invites 3 girls for dinner, there is not one inch of space left. There are pots and dishes everywhere along with her normal stuff. The sink is even full! Yet she can function just find and doesn't even bat an eye! I guess each one of us gets used to what we have.

Have you thought of combining your dried fruit in a jar and freezing the rest?

Maybe have only 1 jar of honey out?

What about putting that brown sugar away?

Any appliance that you don't use at least once a week can be stored.

As far as that apple pie, I sure wish I lived closer to you. I would gladly help you eat it! :lol:

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I vote for bigger kitchen counters.

Maybe in layers. Bunk counters. Never mind kitchen cabinets. Make them all counters, one over the other. hmmm. press a button and have a machine bring one to just the right height?

When yer a single ole guy, a big fat sammich makes a nice n easy meal.

Can't someone invent bread that does not make crumbs to clean up? Or maybe jelly that does not have sticky molecules that invisibly climb up the fork to my hands?

Why can't a sausage perfectly fit the bun?

I guess the answer is to be found in more coffee...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
More coffee - that's right!

Rotating counters - lifting out of the cabinets below - I like that idea, too!

I forgot the cookie jar that she bought for me! There's nothing in it at the moment but when there is - I'd better not be forgetting it then! Maybe, just maybe, she will eat one out of the batch. The lid won't fit on tight because it will be so full - that helps me notice it. Freeze the dry fruit? But, then the issue of "choice" will be a concern.

Oh, I forgot to look on the table, also. There's another package of crackers . . .

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I try to fight the pile up on the counter, but the pantry is stuffed. I even bought the wire racks that fit on the inside of the door and they are full too. Crap on the counters? Yeah, (shrugs) but where would I put it? I have to find a place for that gi-normous Excalibur dehydrator.............

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, sounds like you are well LOVED. We women often shower our fellas with food to show we care.

Mary, I thought I was the only person in the world who's sanity hung on the promise of clear counter space! Cluttered counter equals a cluttered mind for me too. I absolutely cannot function! Everybody tends to pile their random junk there daily as they come through the door. Nobody ever comes back for it either. :/

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
what would happen if magically there could be unlimited counter space? One layer after another magically appearing, or with the press of a solenoid button...

I'd have counter after counter with crumbs on it...somehow!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My wife and daughter pack meals for me the evening before I to go to work. I love it. They are MUCH more creative than I am when it comes to taking food.

And the clutter on the counters thing has to be a woman thing. Drives my wife bonkers too. I just work around it. I find an open spot down stuff goes. That REALLY makes her crazy ;)

Latest posts