Are you TOO well cared for?

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
*sigh* i hate counter clutter. If hubby picks up our plates after dinner, he will simply plunk them down on the counter. WHAT'S THE POINT ?! The dishwasher is 3 feet away and waiting to receive dirty dishes!! Same with recycling - bins are only 5 feet away, but onto the counter they go!! I've taken to just tidying everything up before bed, if i'm working the next day, so that i have clean countertops, WITHOUT CLUTTER, to make breakfast, pour coffee, and get my lunch around for the day. I refuse to be a nag or fight with him any longer about this, so i just deal with it. :barnie

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You all should see my DH's workbench out in the garage. It's a wonder anything gets done! :lol:

NwMtGardener said:
*sigh* i hate counter clutter. If hubby picks up our plates after dinner, he will simply plunk them down on the counter. WHAT'S THE POINT ?! The dishwasher is 3 feet away and waiting to receive dirty dishes!! Same with recycling - bins are only 5 feet away, but onto the counter they go!! I've taken to just tidying everything up before bed, if i'm working the next day, so that i have clean countertops, WITHOUT CLUTTER, to make breakfast, pour coffee, and get my lunch around for the day. I refuse to be a nag or fight with him any longer about this, so i just deal with it. :barnie
LMBO...DH and I just had this conversation the other day. Cheese wrappers and yogurt cups in the sink? When the trash can is not 3 feet away, just under the sink? Leftovers on the plate IN THE SINK when the compost bucket is only 2 FEET AWAY. Definitely a head-scratcher for me.

A can o' worms, this one is! :p

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I love my wife dearly and intend to stay married to her for the rest of my days so Ill, just say Im not as well cared for as you. And Journey, let's just say that behavior is not restricted to men. No details will be provided.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
To answer your topic question, digitS. . . . .yes, I am too well cared for. As per my years in Parochial school, I often feel guilty about it, but in fact I am well and truly spoiled. Daddy spoiled me and my precious, perfect DH has continued the practice these past 43 years. Of course, my DH would probably say the same -- he is too well cared for. I have always lived in fear of my beloved mother-in-law coming back to haunt me should I fall short of her expectations in caring for her wonderful son. Always felt bad about stealing him from him in the first place. (Okay, not fear, but loss of her respect perhaps.)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The single ole neanderthal turns his swivel chair around to list what's on the sink counter, left to right...

Vitamin bottle
generic tylenol bottle
5 gallon water jug on spout thing
dry rag behind it
closed bag of breadrolls
can of creamer
jar of protein powder
sugar in small pourable jar
coffee cup, dirty, on paper plate with tablespoon, also dirty
large french coffee press
half a loaf of bread in bag
peanut butter jar
squeeze jar of mustard
towel for setting clean dishes on
on towel is dirty knife and fork
raspberry jelly, slurp
paper plate to make sammiches on
old favorite coffee mug with water to the brim for cats
sink itself, stainless steel, not very large
small cereal bowl with water in it for cats

My cats eat at the table, I eat right here
Sink surface needs cleaning. That'll be Friday lol!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beside, counter left, is a microwave unit. DS built a shelf covering it to hold the toaster, toaster oven, and a smaller attached shelf to get the phone off the counter. On the counter? Today is a good day. To the left of the sink -- space, hand soap pump. To the right -- empty space, coffee maker, space, huge carving board made by DS in the corner, stacks of seeds in bottles, knife block, space to corner, corner space to range top with 6 burners for canning room, (or part grill/part deep fryer, my choice) marble board with vase of wooden spoons - salt/pepper - Aleve bottle - chocolates for DH. That's it! All the implements are in the cupboards. Baymule, one thing I do agree on is where do I keep the big, bulky Excaliber?

That's a lot of space! Usually it's "If it's flat, put something there".

I was promised a cupboard pantry 40 years ago. Still expecting it will be built (He keeps his promises in his own good time) to match the cupboards. Then I'll be able to store the dehydrator in the kitchen closet/ex-pantry. Just like in the garden, DH lets me get "one of everything is a good start" in kitchen implements. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled! It is downright embarrassing. When I'm gone someone will have a great sale!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
I suppose you are right. Like Linn Bee's MIL, Mom took real good care of me. She stayed home until after I graduated from highschool, then went back to work. Worked about another 10 years until Dad's retirement. Oh my! She did complain later about retiring the same time he did!

Anyway. I've been fairly active. Put in a good 3 hour day, today! Yesterday, the same, Monday too! Heck, I even worked an hour or 2 on Sunday! (Heck's right, eh? ;))

Y'day, my lunch was 2 crackers (they were premium) and a carton of yogurt. Had to carry my own spoon wrapped in a napkin in my shirt pocket! . . . today, I made a peanut butter, apple & bananananana slices sandwich to take. Okay! I made 2! Gatorade - but it was lo-calorie!

Stev'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
And I'm sure Steve that you show your loving wife how much you appreciate her good care. :)

Those of us that are so well loved are blessed indeed.

Latest posts