Asparagus

arienwolf

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:drool Oh those look delicious god gawd beautiful.
What can I do to get the stems thick like that? My second Asparagus patch died... but My first came up again this yr and I would like to help it along this spring and summer if possible. :drool

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For tonight's supper, fried asparagus in bacon oil with farm fresh poached eggs and fresh dandelion sauted with winter onions and garlic from garden. Healthy and good.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, not sure about that but I was amazed how good the dandelion greens were. Although the bacon grease and fresh garlic onions sure helped.

Worst part is picking the greens. Had to go into field where they hadn't been sprayed. I kill them in yard. And yes, will continue to.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so jealous!! turning green here.......probably an improvement........ Looks downcast, gets car keys, drives to store and BUYS asparagus........got the dandelions though.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
I am so jealous!! turning green here.......probably an improvement........ Looks downcast, gets car keys, drives to store and BUYS asparagus........got the dandelions though.
Don't forget to gather eggs and poach a couple to go with them.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Southern, how big is your asparagus patch, or maybe the question should be how many plants? That looks like a nice harvest!