Asparagus

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've planted both seed and plants over the past few years and have yet to see any but one survive. I have a lonely survivor and I don't know if this is one from seed or plant, but I don't think asparagus likes my clay soils. Wish I could grow this rampant, can't control kind of asparagus of which y'all speak...I love asparagus!

100_0322.JPG

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh @Beekissed just run away with me and we will find the perfect below the 35th homestead... will grow all the asparagus you want...:hugs

just think you would be major bee or a bee major........:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, no, Major!! Fat girl doesn't do well in the heat. I'd melt like a Popsicle, whining loudly all the while. :hide

Then there is also the pesky problem of your good wife...whatever would she do without you? Would probably go something like this..... possibly while singing "life just got better below the 35th parallel"? :D :lol:

giphy.gif

destinduck

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hopefully they will perk back up seedcorn. those crowns are pretty tough seems like.Mine just went dormant bout 2 weeks ago with the freeze we had

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have never seen any spread of asparagus, other then perhaps by..hmmm, say 18 inches, from the original root. New ferns showing up are generally from seeds dropped. I top dress my bed in the fall with chicken manure, and maple leaves for mulch. The bed is over 10 years old now, and still produces more than we can eat.

Latest posts