Baker Creek Catalog

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I had never heard of Baker Creek but thanks to this thread I went to their website and ordered a cataloge (sp). One of the few that actually contains a sugar beet that I have been trying to find for a full year. :celebrate
Thanks guys and gals.
I think I will enjoy my visits here very much.

Llama Gardener

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I like Baker Creeks catalog alot, but for people who are new to gardening it is very overwelming, and their writeups are more of history lessons than descriptions of the qualities of the seeds. Not that the history should be left out or forgotten, but when I want to know if this uptesquat is good for blah blah blah and another catalog has that info on different varieties it makes me want to order from them. But I still like to drool!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I too like Baker Creek a lot, not only is their catalog a feast but I appreciate what their mission is. But I really like Territorial because they pack so much info on the cultural requirements for each variety, they give soil temps for germination, possible pest problems, harvesting info, and germination rates of their seed. Yeah, and pix of every variety which helps me decide. For instance,there's just too many tomato varieties out there to grow an ugly one! :D

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I haven't heard of them either but will be looking them up!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i haven't received mine yet but i keep drooling over my keyboard while going through their website! my cat has a fascination with my catalogs but when she sees me with them and the laptop on a website that has plants she is trying to see what i am putting on my 'wish' list for her! :lol:

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Baker's is absolutely the bestest and most beautifulest catalog I ever seed!!! Really, when we got it I felt like I had a work of art in my hands. Like someone else said I was drooling over it like a dog...

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
I too like Baker Creek a lot, not only is their catalog a feast but I appreciate what their mission is. But I really like Territorial because they pack so much info on the cultural requirements for each variety, they give soil temps for germination, possible pest problems, harvesting info, and germination rates of their seed. Yeah, and pix of every variety which helps me decide. For instance,there's just too many tomato varieties out there to grow an ugly one! :D
I dispose of all my catalogs once my seeds and plants are ordered Except territorial's their information on growing, diseases, insects, and harvesting is better than what you find in some gardening books.
Edited to add... My Abundant Life catalog also has an excellent growth section for every type of crop with additional tips on saving your own seed.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, okay!! Uncle!! I just ordered the catalog! Sounds like I shouldn't miss it! Just what I need, another seed order! Maybe, I'll just look....

Latest posts