Baking~ Are you```

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stove Story
So...I told you that my DD's have bought me a new stove for Christmas, to arrive on Monday,12-11-17.
Meanwhile, I stayed home on Friday the 1st. I said that I would make turkey/duck hash from leftovers. Then, DD's said, "make bread." Then, DH said, "make chocolate chip cookies." The last time I made cc cookies, and I deTEST making ANY cookies bc they demand babysitting, I was drinking margaritas to kill the sting.
So, trying to put up Christmas decorations, do some cleaning, take care of the animals, etc., and I left the glass bowl with the 2 sticks of butter for the cookies in the oven, bc the bowl for the bread was in the microwave. My cats think anything is fair game, so baking items must be outside of their reach. I have even put them in the cupboard.
I am working on the bread and looking at the time...OMGosh, gotta start the cookies! I preheat the oven, then work on the bread, unload the dishwasher, etc. in the kitchen. Suddenly there is a minor explosion and oven door opens up partway. I realize that my pyrex mixing bowl is toast and on the bottom of the oven are it's shards. THEN, the bottom of oven is on fire.
I turned off the oven and threw flour on the fire.
When it was cool and cleaned out the bottom of the oven. It was a high of 65 degrees that day, so I could open up the kitchen windows to get rid of the smoke. I managed to get all of the glass with paper towels and put it in a cardboard box to throw it all away.
SOMEHOW I managed to make the cookies and the bread, but I tried to bake croutons last night and it was still smoking. No baking until the new stove is here.
Hope you enjoyed my baking adventure.

Are you and @Nyboy related somehow? Haha.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stove Story
So...I told you that my DD's have bought me a new stove for Christmas, to arrive on Monday,12-11-17.
Meanwhile, I stayed home on Friday the 1st. I said that I would make turkey/duck hash from leftovers. Then, DD's said, "make bread." Then, DH said, "make chocolate chip cookies." The last time I made cc cookies, and I deTEST making ANY cookies bc they demand babysitting, I was drinking margaritas to kill the sting.
So, trying to put up Christmas decorations, do some cleaning, take care of the animals, etc., and I left the glass bowl with the 2 sticks of butter for the cookies in the oven, bc the bowl for the bread was in the microwave. My cats think anything is fair game, so baking items must be outside of their reach. I have even put them in the cupboard.
I am working on the bread and looking at the time...OMGosh, gotta start the cookies! I preheat the oven, then work on the bread, unload the dishwasher, etc. in the kitchen. Suddenly there is a minor explosion and oven door opens up partway. I realize that my pyrex mixing bowl is toast and on the bottom of the oven are it's shards. THEN, the bottom of oven is on fire.
I turned off the oven and threw flour on the fire.
When it was cool and cleaned out the bottom of the oven. It was a high of 65 degrees that day, so I could open up the kitchen windows to get rid of the smoke. I managed to get all of the glass with paper towels and put it in a cardboard box to throw it all away.
SOMEHOW I managed to make the cookies and the bread, but I tried to bake croutons last night and it was still smoking. No baking until the new stove is here.
Hope you enjoyed my baking adventure.
And I never suspected you were related to Nyboy. Go figure!