Baking~ Are you```

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Barbie bowhunts now :ep

Yes..she does, but she looks decidedly masculine in her figure and facial structure, so not sure what that's trying to say. o_O Guess feminine looking women don't hunt?

She comes with a tiny tree stand, binoculars, a camera, a compound bow, a tiny cloth bag to hold her equipment, climbing ladder, a set of antlers to rattle, and a few cardboard deer. She has small bosoms and nonexistent hips and is really orangy tan all over. Very petite too...a foot or two shorter than other barbies.

d8296ae12b265de9aa6491fb705e8321--my-baby-girl-girly-girl.jpg

I ask ya this...when are they going to have the fat chicken lady barbie???

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee I'm seriously envious of your "ganny-hood". :) What fun to create such wondrous memories for your grandbabies.
The Red Riding Hood cape is extra fun!

I never really thought about what kind of grandma I'd be or what it would be like to be one, but I'm finding out it's a real hoot! And such a love that springs forth for these kids!! I didn't know it could be like that, as my grandma was nice enough but not particularly affectionate towards us...probably because she had so very many GCs running around.

I also made her a tiny lab coat when she was being Doc McStuffins all the time...that was fun too!

I'm not the picture toting grandma that spoils them with cookies and lots of toys and such, but definitely the gardening, homemade granny that makes them stuff they can play with instead of buying them a lot of things and then gets down and plays with them....endlessly...exhaustingly....until it literally hurts. :D

She gets to help me garden, can, bake, take care of the chickens, collect eggs, get in firewood, etc. I call it making memories from scratch! :love

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The traditional Barbies are ghastly and unreal, so a more realistic version is refreshing.

When I was growing up my sister had a couple of Barbies, I got Tammy and Skipper, the little sisters. No gigantic bust and waspy waist and teetering high heels on them. They were mostly around to ride the Beyer horses I had. ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The traditional Barbies are ghastly and unreal, so a more realistic version is refreshing.

When I was growing up my sister had a couple of Barbies, I got Tammy and Skipper, the little sisters. No gigantic bust and waspy waist and teetering high heels on them. They were mostly around to ride the Beyer horses I had. ;)

That's so funny! MY Barbie rode horses too! I only ever had the one, my sister had one just like her, they were both Miss America Barbies but we soon lost all the finery they wore and dressed them in Johnnie West clothing handed down from a neighbor boy, along with his horses with their tack, rifles and rifle scabbards. Our dolls rescued people~our stuffed animals~that had fallen over cliffs, fought off Indians, went on long cattle drives(pretend cattle). We didn't have Breyer horses, just given from the neighbor boy's collection...one black, one palomino. That was enough for hours and days and years of play! Those were the days!

I bought a Breyer pony for the hunting Barbie....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When little I wanted nothing in the world more then a GI Joe all my friends had them. My father refused to even think about me having one. To him it was a doll boys didnt play with dolls. I was in my late teens when I saw one in a antique shop $60 which was a lot of money to me then. I now have 4 GI Joes

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
When little I wanted nothing in the world more then a GI Joe all my friends had them. My father refused to even think about me having one. To him it was a doll boys didnt play with dolls. I was in my late teens when I saw one in a antique shop $60 which was a lot of money to me then. I now have 4 GI Joes
Photos of your GI Joes, please, Nyboy. There's your hunter, your farmer, your pool boy, and, and, and and what else?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A new cookie recipe I tried this year, Oatmeal Lace cookies...
20171226_220304.jpg
These things are addictive! Mostly just caramelized sugar with a little oatmeal for chewiness.

20171227_145038.jpg 20171227_145114.jpg
I baked mine on Parchment paper instead of foil.

Latest posts