Baking~ Are you```

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ground red turkey wheat this weekend and made bread...but this time I had a helper from grind to bake.

She said, "Look, Ganny, I'm putting my paw prints in it!"
100_0274.JPG
100_0275.JPG

Then she said, "Ganny, I'm getting dirty....well...I guess ya gotta get dirty sometimes to have fun, huh, Ganny?"
100_0276 - Copy.JPG

She wanted to bake some bread to take to her elderly neighbor, Miss Betsy. She also wanted to bake a cake for her, so we did both.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that is known as an "infusion." Where do you buy the vanilla beans?

I have had the same quart jar of vanilla with the beans in it for 4 years, just keep topping it off now and then. It's very potent! I can't remember where exactly I got them from. May have been Mountain Rose Herbs or The Bulk Herb Store, both are online. I think mine were Tahitian vanilla beans. There are a couple different kinds.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ground red turkey wheat this weekend and made bread...but this time I had a helper from grind to bake.

She said, "Look, Ganny, I'm putting my paw prints in it!"
View attachment 23535 View attachment 23536
Then she said, "Ganny, I'm getting dirty....well...I guess ya gotta get dirty sometimes to have fun, huh, Ganny?"
View attachment 23537

She wanted to bake some bread to take to her elderly neighbor, Miss Betsy. She also wanted to bake a cake for her, so we did both.

Paw prints, haha!
Love her giving heart, she's a treasure. :love

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww, that's great. :) Everybody needs a good helper! (Looks like Barbie wasn't much help though, lol.)

:rolleyes: Not one bit! That's bowhunting Barbie and some generic gal...I wanted to move them off my work surface but she got all distressed, saying they wanted to help make this bread for Miss Betsy. :rolleyes: She's cute but she definitely knows how to work people.....three years old and already practiced at the art of manipulation. o_O

She had wanted to make this goody basket for Miss Betsy and deliver it while wearing her red riding hood she asked me to make for her, but it didn't work out as Miss Betsy still works and was working nights. Finally just had to leave it on the doorstep with a note.

Here's her red riding hood Ganny had to make for her....bought a $2.49 fleece lap throw from Good Will and did a quick makeover with a needle and thread. If it wasn't apparent, Red Riding Hood is one of her fave stories right now. :D

100_0183.JPG

100_0180.JPG

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Start training right now. She's gonna need all the training she needs to avoid the 'big bad wolf' with those looks.

Her dad and uncle says they will be cleaning their guns when dates come to pick her up and I told them, with her looks and charm, they might want to have HER cleaning a gun when guys come to call. ;)

Latest posts