Baking~ Are you```

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
13999343610_cbb73ddc06_o.0.jpg

Pretty too, aren't they? And they go real well with cornbread, btw. ;)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
OK~ copied that Corn bread recipe~ I can think about it~ I've got to buck up the rest of that tree and split it small~ it's getting damper as I get to the base``` One more cupa and I'll try to get up and gather the tools```

Has Collector been around or```

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-5_18-24-16.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-5_18-24-16.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 164

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am planting Painted Mountain again in the spring. It will be our 4th garden since we moved and I expect it to be a good one. @valley ranch I would be glad to share seed with you, it tassels in 40 days! It only gets 3-4 feet tall and makes beautiful, colorful ears for cornmeal.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am planting Painted Mountain again in the spring. It will be our 4th garden since we moved and I expect it to be a good one. @valley ranch I would be glad to share seed with you, it tassels in 40 days! It only gets 3-4 feet tall and makes beautiful, colorful ears for cornmeal.

Mine got real tall this year, 6-7 feet. Must be that genetic diversity it has that @digitS' talked about. It's such a handsome plant I think I would plant it even if I never planned to use it. I just love to stand there gazing at it's burgundiness. :p

And yes, as Bay said it matures quickly, which is great for shorter seasons like mine.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Hey, do we have a thread on growing corn? I was successful (enough) bc I planted some late just for a cover crop and was able to eat a little and I am drying out some. UNfortunately, my blue corn never sprouted. :( I'd really like to try again next year.
I KNOW that it's a heavy feeder, but I have lots of compost and manure to feed it, so why not? :idunno

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, do we have a thread on growing corn? I was successful (enough) bc I planted some late just for a cover crop and was able to eat a little and I am drying out some. UNfortunately, my blue corn never sprouted. :( I'd really like to try again next year.
I KNOW that it's a heavy feeder, but I have lots of compost and manure to feed it, so why not? :idunno
Yes, there is a painted mountain corn thread and if you'll search my threads, I have a corn thread. I'd post link, but rocking sleeping baby. Don't know how to do that on my cell phone.

Latest posts