BARN! and NEW PORCH!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are porches.

And then, there are porches.

That's nice :)! Multiple lights, fans ... spacious!

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW
Fabulous porch.I do love a porch. Enjoy it.
The barn is going to look great and be real handy, too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That porch is amazing! I was born on the Texas border in Ardmore, Oklahoma and I know how nice that porch will be this summer when it is hot. :thumbsup
Hey, GWR! You were born only an hour and 20 minutes from where my Grandmother Pearl was born, in Montague County, Texas. She was the youngest of my grandparents. Just a kid ... let's see ... 20 November 1892. Yes, she may predate you there ... 123.

Bay', we were talking about that Arp Rosemary being named for Arp, Texas ...

Belcherville, Texas was the largest town in Montague County when Grandma was born ... named for the Belcher brothers ... Arp!

Excuse me!
Steve
;)

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! I love your porch! We are in mid-porch build here too. DH is building it alone, so I must be patient. It has a roof now, with skylights, because we live in a cold climate.

When the concrete guys came and lifted our house to pour a basement (we were on posts), they poured a slab for our porch. DH ran around sprinkling concrete dye as they raked it smooth (they thought it he was crazy!). They were willing to pour a brown-colored concrete, but only for an extra $1500, so we went for the $40 psychedelic look! Here are some older photos, -I guess I haven't taken any with the completed roof...
The floor:
You can see where the old porch used to be, but we had to drop the floor to make the porch wider.
image.jpeg

DH uses the tractor to help him lift things. He built this house, but now he is in his 60's and climbing a ladder with sheets of plywood isn't so fun:
image.jpeg

I'm not sure how he lifted the heavy beams on the edge. The porch wraps around:
image.jpeg

I can't wait until we are in the screened stage! Maybe this spring.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's doing a great job!

I'm not about to show you the carport roof I put against my 80 year old garage ;).

It was a chore for a guy about 60yo when I replaced the old one but it has nothing more going for it than functionality. ♪ ♫ Funiculi Funicula
Funiculi Funicula
'ncoppa jamme ja!
Funiculi Funicula ♪ ♫

Your DH and I need a funicular for roof work!

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I never imagined the porch to look like that! It is unbelievable. I can't believe how big and gorgeous it looks. I am definitely coming over to have a glass of sweet tea with you and sit on that swing! You think it can hold both of our weights?

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Inquireing mind wants to know why are you building a barn in a low area of your property ? I would have opted for the highest point. :idunno
Inquiring minds and Mother Nature wants to know why are you continueing with the barn construction in the same location ? :caf

Latest posts