BARN! and NEW PORCH!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's not the whole purpose, NyBoy. I like to nap under my front porch roof but have trouble fitting unseen behind the clematis so the neighbors won't gossip about me ...

I've done a little work under my back deck roof during an infrequent, summer rain. Then, there are square dances, in some parts of the country.

I have two house windows looking out on that deck. The view is of the floor and the underside of the roof, with only a narrow band of green from the yard, between. Light into the house amounts to nothing ...

As @Smart Red suggests, there is a danger that some porches can be so nice that the living room migrates out there ... only to prompt the building of another open porch, which is improved, and the living room migrates again. This has been known to occur over several decades with the porch finally built out over the street! Who knows where it may end!

;) Steve
I hope you are not napping in the nude! :oops: If you're fully clothed why do you worry about your neighbors gossiping about you?

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The pony wall also provides ledges for this or that....I love porch railings! They have so many uses.

I'm thinking that Bay now needs a double set of French doors from the living room to the porch. For the migration, you know..... :D

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The trouble with napping is that when I'm feeling drowsy and have time to lay down I suddenly feel alert and can't fall asleep. Just lay there thinking about everything I could be doing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I sure hope Steve's porch is screened in, especially since he has a penchant for napping nude on the porch, worried that the neighbors will see him, when he ought to be more worried about the mosquitoes. :gig:gig

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smileydoingtime.jpg

I did put my tennis shoes and bug spray on before going out there!

It should have been enough ... except for that dang clematis!

Steve

Latest posts