Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't point to any one event that caused my knee injury. It has given me pain since my 20's, my lifestyle doesn't help any. LOL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't point to any one event that caused my knee injury. It has given me pain since my 20's, my lifestyle doesn't help any. LOL

i have enough old friends like that too. so far we're working it out as we go along... that's about all i can ask at this point. :)

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love seeing all the progress in your gardens, Bay! I'm sorry about your knee...I too have a bad left knee, but I think it is from years of putting my body weight on it climbing in and out of saddles daily as a kid and teenager. I haven't ridden more than ten times in the last fifteen years, but all the riding I did do was without a mounting block . I was a scrawny kid with no upper body strength...I used my legs to get myself in and out of the saddle, and am paying for it now that I'm older and fatter ;)

It takes compression socks, a knee brace, arch supports, and more painkillers than I like to admit to get through a day at work on the concrete. Coming home and cleaning or doing gardening chores is just too much to bear some days. I hope you feel better soon!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Prairie Rose I use Arnicare topical cream, it lasts 4 hours and is wonderful stuff. Look it up and order some. I keep the under the tongue pills too. I give them to the dogs for pain, really helps for copperhead snake bites.

Prairie Rose

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Prairie Rose I use Arnicare topical cream, it lasts 4 hours and is wonderful stuff. Look it up and order some. I keep the under the tongue pills too. I give them to the dogs for pain, really helps for copperhead snake bites.

I will definitely look into it. My knee takes a lot of support to get me through the day and still be functional. It's only when I forgo some of the support that I have problems, and that's usually my fault. In the summer I get hot easily and try to do without and end up paying for it, or I will step wrong and aggravate the whole mess. I like the little lidocaine patches, and someone at the farmer's market sells a warming salve that works wonders.

Even if it was all of the riding as a kid that made it a mess, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Too many happy memories to give it up!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we spread 4 year old wood chip mulch on the part of the garden that we didn’t have enough sheep manure to put on it. It is black, Rich, composted mulch. It’s practically soil now. It was a sunny day so we got outside and did something!

EC09B6AE-09FB-4982-A8C0-C41275590ED4.jpeg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Might I suggest adding a sulfur compound? Gypsum or elemental sulfur.