Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
None of my cauliflower or broccoli seeds have come up. The seed was old, now I know I can toss it out. I think I'll throw it out on the garden, watch it come up..... We bought 36 broccoli plants at Walmart, I skipped the cauliflower.

My tomatoes are up and growing, very few empty pots.
Broccoli and cauliflower are both a bust.
Eggplant is coming up
Artichokes are coming up
Merlot lettuce is up
Red iceberg lettuce is a bust-toss that packet
New Zealand spinach is up
Red Verona radicchio is up
Chinese pak choy is up, spindly, but up

It has done a lot of raining and will rain some more this week. Friday we will have sunshine. We'll give it a day to dry a little, then if not too wet, I'll run the tractor and disc in it, then we'll get the neighbor's tiller and mess it up some more. We put up plastic mesh fence around the garlic to keep the sheep off it, but 2 little stinkers got in there anyway. They stepped on it, but didn't eat it. LOL

I made an order from Baker Creek. I am going to have a good garden year, no matter what!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we dug out 5 mule loads of sheep poop and icky-poo hay and spread on the part of the garden that didn’t get any. We’ll be busy the first part of the week, but will be turning it all in with the tractor and disc. Then we’ll get Roberts tiller and mix it up good.

B2E72FB5-EA08-437E-9070-BAF8AD0577B5.jpeg

We also worked on the horse pasture, raking up swales and spreading 5 loads of sheep waste hay. We. Are. Tired.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ran the tractor in the garden Thursday and turned it good with the disc. Friday DH used the neighbor’s tiller on the small part of the garden. Yesterday the 3 year old and I set out 35 broccoli plants and watered them.
The tomato plants are ready to put in the little porch greenhouse, they are ready to come out of the closet. LOL

We had two dead trees cut by the barn yesterday, today we clean up the mess.

Latest posts