Baymule’s 2020 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fried eggplant recipe? Please and thank you.

Peel and slice 1/4” Beat an egg in a bowl. Put cornmeal in another bowl, I sometimes season the cornmeal with black pepper, garlic powder and salt, sometimes not, just cornmeal. Put slice of eggplant on beaten egg, let excess drip off. Dredge through cornmeal, both sides, shake off extra and place on a plate, until all slices are done. Fry in hot oil between medium to medium high. Drain on paper towels.

This is the same way I make fried green tomatoes. Tonight I didn’t season the cornmeal, just salted them before we ate them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the same way I make fried green tomatoes.
Okay, we need someone to argue with me that eggplant cooked like this or similar is about 100% better than fried green tomatoes.

NyBoy was a champion of fried green tomatoes so there's good history.

Tomatoes should ripen, then you can make a sauce with the "black pepper, garlic powder and salt" - then pour that tomato sauce on fried eggplant.

;) Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, we need someone to argue with me that eggplant cooked like this or similar is about 100% better than fried green tomatoes.

NyBoy was a champion of fried green tomatoes so there's good history.

Tomatoes should ripen, then you can make a sauce with the "black pepper, garlic powder and salt" - then pour that tomato sauce on fried eggplant.

;) Steve

Fried eggplant doesn’t hold a candle to fried green tomatoes, tomato sauce or no tomato sauce. :)

Latest posts