Baymule’s 2021 Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finished shelling out the Painted Mountain corn. I got 18 pounds. 44 cups by measurement. It is bagged and in the freezer to kill any lurking bugs. Then I’ll store it in glass jars until I need it for cornmeal.

AND I parted the weeds and picked 3 yellow squash and 2 zucchini this morning! Follow the green mowed trail……. Hahaha!

4BD79A2E-CF81-4A64-8AA3-E3D90D4698CC.jpeg

The corn in the background is what I’m saving for seed.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I picked elderberries today, destemmed them, got 2 cups, in the freezer.

Not doing much today, staying in mostly because we got our Anatolian Shepherd spayed Wednesday. She’s napping on the floor. I won’t torture her with a cone to keep her from licking her tummy, so one or both of us is always with her to tell her NO. She isn’t bad about it, she minds well.

10-12 days of no running, no playing, no guarding sheep, no working. I take her out on a leash to potty. Poor Sheba has to stay inside, laying on the cool floor under the AC vent and beg potato chips from my husband. LOL

If one of us isn’t with her, she gets anxious and wants out to go to WORK.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I won’t torture her with a cone to keep her from licking her tummy,
One of ours was operated on yesterday, a fairly serious cut to biopsy growths on the liver and check out her gall bladder. Instead of a cone she's in a thunder shirt to keep her from licking the wound. They said to remove it once a day so we could inspect the wound. We've been using medicine for her gall bladder, the vet said it looks good now. The lumps on her liver did not look that bad, he's pretty confident it's not cancer but it may take a week or two to get the biopsy results.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those purple beans sure are easy to spot. I may have to try some and see how they do. I planted blue lake or kentucky wonder in the spring (can't remember which). They were good, just didn't put out much. I planted rattlesnakes for the fall. They are starting to climb now. I usually get a good crop from those. They take the heat really well too.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sheba did fine last night. I’ve been sleeping on the sofa, with a leash looped on my wrist. Last night, no leash. I woke up several times checking on her. This morning I let her in the backyard with no leash for awhile. I’ll slowly increase her time in the backyard. She still wants to be a lap baby, but at 91 pounds, both of us don’t fit in the recliner. Her working partner, Sentry, sure is missing her!

@Ridgerunner a thunder shirt sounds like a good idea. Better than a cone. I hope your dog heals up and is back to being herself soon. I pray the test results are not cancer.

@henless the beans sputtered out, I stripped the vines of everything, even tiny new beans. Now they are putting on new blooms, so should get back in production.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used the long handled lopping shears again to clear away more of the ragweed and lambs quarters. I cut 7 wagon loads and tossed them to the sheep. Plus I dragged a dozen or so that were just too darn big to go on the wagon. I took a selfie of me standing in front of the weeds. That’s me, down at the bottom!

6F11020F-B17E-4314-96C2-91296698B337.jpeg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used the long handled lopping shears again to clear away more of the ragweed and lambs quarters. I cut 7 wagon loads and tossed them to the sheep. Plus I dragged a dozen or so that were just too darn big to go on the wagon. I took a selfie of me standing in front of the weeds. That’s me, down at the bottom!

View attachment 42897
This picture is hilarious!

I stopped coloring my hair. How long before it looks likes your beautiful mane?

Latest posts