Baymule’s Farm

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don’t know if they would all fit. Probably not. Neighbors offered to bring their gooseneck and load some, so maybe I could have got them all, maybe not. Fire is out, they got somebody watching a few hot spots.

I don’t have jury duty tomorrow, called number after 5:00 and recording said cancelled.
\o/

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
grandmother
A friend brought that as a gift several years ago.

We sit at the kitchen table often and have tea/coffee. Our home was built over a century ago and, while small, it has high ceilings. Above the paneling in the kitchen, a previous owner had a local artist paint an outdoor scene, trees, mountains, lakes, horses, an elk.

The friend thought that picture was a good fit. I hung it where he easily sees it from his usual position at the table. (He also brought us a cookie jar, once :D.)

Steve
IMG_0705.jpeg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, you live life on the edge! Would be too stressful for me.

Mary
I think that’s funny. I guess my stress level is so low, that it would take a major Catastrophe to stress me out. Have never lost a home in a fire. Being faced with that possibility, I calmly accepted it and made preparations to get me and my animals out of here alive. Now maybe if I came back and found everything burned up, I probably would have been upset, but I don’t think that would have lasted long. The land would still be here, I’d just start over.

Knowing me, I’d build a barn first. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that’s funny. I guess my stress level is so low, that it would take a major Catastrophe to stress me out. Have never lost a home in a fire. Being faced with that possibility, I calmly accepted it and made preparations to get me and my animals out of here alive. Now maybe if I came back and found everything burned up, I probably would have been upset, but I don’t think that would have lasted long. The land would still be here, I’d just start over.

Knowing me, I’d build a barn first. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could live temporarily in the barn till you got some other type of housing.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My venture into the-untamed-wilderness when I was in my 20's: first I moved a cast iron stove out there & slept under a fir tree.

Next, I built a woodshed with a cellar under one side & moved in there with the stove out front. (My brother brought me a half dozen hens when he learned that part of the shed was enclosed to serve as a henhouse ... Not my intention to live with the chickens but, oh well!)

Next, I built the barn, moved the stove in and lived for 2 years in the loft. Carpeted, with carpet even on the lower part of the walls - I had extra ;). By this time, there was a big garden fenced and going great guns.

During the time in the barn the logs were cut and seasoning for the log cabin. Additionally, I had a foundation and basement to dig ... with a shovel. Basement poured, logs stacked, windows & doors cut, roof on top - I moved in ... with a "new stove" and a "antique cookstove!" Amongst the firewood was a screened box which seved as my refrigerator & freezer thru the Winters. Always the emphasis was, "What Will I Eat?" Along with having a comfortable place to sleep. Oh yeah, I built "the little house out behind the shack" along in there some place. Had to hang the necessity paper up high because, I didn't bother putting a door on it and I wasn't really into bothering with the Sears & Montgomery Wards catalogs out there.

Steve

Latest posts