Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful, refreshing, blessed rain. So glad you got a 1/2 inch. And cooler temps. I think we got warmer at 95 degrees! And it is getting very dry again. No rain in last 3 weeks and long-range forecast sees none. :( At least the temps are starting to drop.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful, refreshing, blessed rain. So glad you got a 1/2 inch. And cooler temps. I think we got warmer at 95 degrees! And it is getting very dry again. No rain in last 3 weeks and long-range forecast sees none. :( At least the temps are starting to drop.

yes! tomorrow 5 degrees cooler than today. *whew!* Thursday 15 degrees cooler than today. rains in the forecast. i don't really need it to rain right now but oh well... 5 more days of dry weather and i could get all the bean gardens picked through. i don't think i'm going to get that much of a break.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve got my 2 little granddaughters for the week. Monday we had a birthday party. Tuesday they helped me work sheep, worming them, then we went to the grocery store. Yesterday we went to the Lufkin zoo. It is a small jewel nestled in the tall Piney Woods.

Entrance to the zoo.

IMG_4949.jpeg

A steam engine. Probably used in logging back in the day.

IMG_4951.jpeg

A shady walkway. The whole zoo is shady, pleasant on a hot day.

IMG_4953.jpeg

An observation deck, there are several scattered around. They provide a cool place to sit down, let kids run around and play and watch the animals.

IMG_4954.jpeg

The leopard.

IMG_4961.jpeg

A water feature with ducks and turtles.

IMG_4966.jpeg

The reptile house.

IMG_4969.jpeg

Chick FIL a lunch!

IMG_4970.jpeg

We went to Hobby Lobby and got things to do crafts with. We will stay in today and tomorrow because it will be 102F and 103F.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve got my 2 little granddaughters for the week. Monday we had a birthday party. Tuesday they helped me work sheep, worming them, then we went to the grocery store. Yesterday we went to the Lufkin zoo. It is a small jewel nestled in the tall Piney Woods.

Entrance to the zoo.

View attachment 60333

A steam engine. Probably used in logging back in the day.

View attachment 60334

A shady walkway. The whole zoo is shady, pleasant on a hot day.

View attachment 60335

An observation deck, there are several scattered around. They provide a cool place to sit down, let kids run around and play and watch the animals.

View attachment 60336

The leopard.

View attachment 60337

A water feature with ducks and turtles.

View attachment 60338

The reptile house.

View attachment 60339

Chick FIL a lunch!

View attachment 60340

We went to Hobby Lobby and got things to do crafts with. We will stay in today and tomorrow because it will be 102F and 103F.
Awesome. What fun for ALL of you. I would come craft with the 3 of you if I lived close enough. ;)

Latest posts