Baymule’s Farm

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well good thing you don't have neighbors. You can still run around naked in your house. haha

Mary
Too funny! A lady on a different gardening forum I once belonged to said that her own house had met her husband's requirement that you could pee off the front porch unseen by any neighbor. She hastened to say that this was not one of her own prerequisites, nor did she come from a family that deemed this an important attribute for a potential real estate buy.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or on the porch at night when o go outside to see what the dogs are barking at. LOL

we don't have curtains on any of the windows or patio doors. Mom says that if anyone wants to look in they'll only do it once and then be scarred for life. i just laugh. with the AC running in the summer and the winter being cold enough there's really very few times i ever feel like being nakkies is a good thing. noway would i go outside in either the morning or the evening here with the mosquitoes anyways. it's my blood and not for general consumption by those pesky suckers...

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
...with the AC running in the summer and the winter being cold enough there's really very few times i ever feel like being nakkies is a good thing. noway would i go outside in either the morning or the evening here with the mosquitoes anyways.
Two very good points that I can relate to for sure!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
output_image1695239417052.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took 6 ram lambs to auction today. I went to Nacogdoches, the auction is primarily for cattle. There were only about 40 head of sheep and goats. Prices were lousy, but but the better auctions 2-3 hours away aren’t much better. They are off my feed and hay bill, so that helps.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm not sure what prices were lousy actually translates into? is it price per lb on the hoof or a fixed price per head or the whole lot of them sells all at one price? i dunno. never been to an actual livestock auction. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
They were priced per head. I was expecting them to be low, but not this low. For 6 young weaned ram lambs, I got $460. After commissions I took home $392. I haven’t had much to sell the past couple of years, prices have come down. Before I left the farm in Lindale, December 2021, I got $120 to $140 for same age lambs. I attended an auction a couple of hours away on Saturday and prices were a very little bit higher than what I got yesterday.

Each auction posts a market report, detailing what animals sold and how much. Market reports on sheep and goats have been down on their prices. Drought may be affecting prices as well as time of year. Going into fall, spring born lambs are ready for market and there is a good supply.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's too bad. Hopefully things will improve.
Prices are always on the move. Up or down, lots of drought, people selling animals, they can’t feed them. It can be the time of year, Supply and demand. It’s ok, just have never got such low prices. I’m not surprised, I knew prices were down. :)