Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did some more reading on Japanese maples last night and you are right @bobm . I think I’ll look around for them, they are pretty all year, but gorgeous in the fall.

Going to farm this morning to start taking down a span of barbed wire, so I can put up sheep and goat wire. This pasture has field fence on 3 sides and will be easiest to get fenced for sheep and dogs. It is across driveway from a water faucet and will be easiest for me to feed and water this winter after I have knee replacement surgery.

Going to be 103F today, it’s breaking daylight, gotta go!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got two runs of T-post clips taken down. I used side cutter pliers and needle nose pliers. Of course, the clips were wrapped tight around the barb wire. I filled a 3 pound, 3 ounce coffee can with clips. Bennet said he’d roll up the wire, he wants it for fence patching. It was 10:30 AM when I finished and 94F degrees.

1A0609F9-FA5F-4A5A-AE44-81CCCC2A8919.jpeg

This is the end, got one side done, then did the other side. That’s my truck at the other end.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The woods you see in the above picture is not my property.

Just came in the house (son’s house) I loaded up some scrap plywood, T-posts and treated posts in back of truck. It’s 102F right now, I changed my shirt for the third time. I’m done, until time to feed sheep and dogs. No point in taking a shower now, I’ll go back outside to feed and run rivers of sweat.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, love to finally see a thread for your farm. But I'm a little confused. You haven't closed yet but you are already cutting trees down and doing things on the fences? Is the farm yours now?

Looks to be less sand beach than your other place.

We got an estimate to take down a redwood that is partially dead and would fall on the cabin. Estimate was for $1500 to top off the dead portion which would be like 40' or take down the whole tree for $2,500. If they took down the whole tree they would leave the wood for us to dispose of.

My husband contacted PG&E and they said no. Well a month later we got a call from them saying they would take down the whole tree for FREE! They were also going to check with the mill to see if they wanted the wood. Even if we have to dispose of it ourselves it sure will be a lot cheaper.

Mary