Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I did today.

AKC registered, 3 months old, male Anatolian puppy. Puppy that durn nigh took up the whole back seat of my Hyundai roller skate.

FA03B965-E84D-4FC3-8AAB-9EEE91CE0779.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my! Isn't he a looker?! What a handsome boy.
Thank you. He’s gonna be a big boy. Training is a process. He’s food aggressive, so we’ll have to work on that. As the Alpha Dog, I have to put him in his place. Also have to let the other 2 Anatolians have their go at him, to put him in his place-at the bottom of the pack. Plus leash training, which he fought to the point of choking yesterday from the car to the pen. And he fear growled at me yesterday when I put the leash on him to take him from the car to the pen. So I dragged him, choking and fighting all the way. (Wasn’t far) He’s still small enough that I can MAKE him do what I want, but that won’t last long and I have to get my authority in over him. LGDs are NOT your typical dog and Anatolians are more than a little on the fierce side. They must have a strong leader (me) or chaos ensues.

I see ads on Craigslist where the owner has not established leadership and those ads go something like this: Rehoming. Not safe with children. Not safe with small animals. Food aggressive. Jumps fences to hang out with the cows. 1 1/2 years old female Boz and Anatolian cross. In all reality, dogs that are not safe with children, dogs that have been let to get to this point by their owners, should be put down. Then their owners need a beating and never own more than a 10 pound dog ever again, if that. Idiots make me angry.

After choking and dragging him yesterday, that was an attitude adjustment. :lol: After I took the leash off, he got downright friendly and cried when I left him. He is VERY strong minded, even at 3 months, and will be challenging. Patience, leadership, correction like a pack leader, proper training and he will be one outstanding dog.

Last edited:

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, we had looked into LGD's back when we had sheep but decided against them for our situation. Our children were small at the time, and also we're on small acreage in an area that is semi-rural residential (so too much risk of someone being stupid while out on a walk).

I sure do admire what they can do to protect a flock though!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started a thread for Buford.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s 33F and pouring rain again. It’s coming down in buckets. If I was in Lindale, I’d be snowed in. I’m just on the edge of the rain or snow line. Crockett, 20 miles away, has snow. The sheep pens are awful. Pastures are in standing water, well, right now, running water.

I have my last day of therapy this morning. I don’t know if I can even get out. Water runs over the road just past my driveway. I’ve driven through it before. The school bus runs at 7:00, it’s still dark. I don’t envy that bus driver, traveling all these country backroads in bad weather, in the dark. At least I’ll be able to see, if I can’t see the bottom, I’m going back home.

It is storming and it’s going to do it again tomorrow. Then finally we will get some sunny days and cloudy days but no rain.

Talked to @Devonviolet yesterday. Tree limbs were breaking off from the ice load. They are only 163 miles north of me. A big branch fell on their goat shed. I hope they keep power.

I am so ready for a real barn for my animals. I’ll have to haul in dirt to build it up before I build the barn so it doesn’t become a swamp.

This is ridiculous.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a former bus driver our district had a policy. Even if you could see the bottom, you never drove through water over the road. Turn around, don't drown. My vote is calling PT (they will understand and want you to be safe) reschedule and hunker down at home.

Latest posts