Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think often of a scene from "The Hobbit" movie, where one of the characters is lamenting over a love lost in battle:
"Why does it hurt so much?" she asks
"Because it was real."

I would only substitute "is" for "was", because true love is eternal. Big hugs from a fellow traveler on the same road. :hugs
:hugs

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a nice Viking before house fire. Replaced it with a simple Singer. Then inherited a Brothers and serger from MIL. Plus this collectable Featherlight / Featherweight. (always forget which name is right.) Time to down size. Will keep antique.....

looks very close to the one i have which is a Featherweight.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
while there is no replacement for a lost love or a friend who's dearly missed, you can always start over in finding new friends and loves even if you don't think it is possible. you just never know what life may bring.

@baymule i'm so glad to see you back on your own land with your sheepies and dogs. to me having a place to call home where you are surrounded by the things and animals you love and care for is healing. some people consider travelling and adventures to be fun and exciting but i'm a pure homebody and i love just being some place and see what happens from day to day... :) :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think often of a scene from "The Hobbit" movie, where one of the characters is lamenting over a love lost in battle:
"Why does it hurt so much?" she asks
"Because it was real."

I would only substitute "is" for "was", because true love is eternal. Big hugs from a fellow traveler on the same road. :hugs
Yes it is real. I saw that movie too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to move Cooper and his companion ewe to the front yard I fenced for Carson. One night I was awakened by howling coyotes and barking dogs, coyotes were in field next to sheep field. Then I walked out back door a few mornings later, only to hear coyotes in the woods behind Cooper’s pen!

My Great Pyrenees, Trip was to be Cooper’s guardian, but he had to be put down in July due to cancer. So that left Carson as my only option. I lured Cooper and Dessa to the front yard with a feed can and they are now front yard sheep.

This put Cooper just across the driveway from Ringo and his companion ewe and the pen of the other ewes. Those two rams challenged each other, showing off for the ewes. Cooper bashed in the underskirting of the double wide and I got upset. Cooper as coyote bait started to look pretty good. I got Chris over here the next day to put pipe fence panels up to guard the rest of the underskirting and he was able to pop out most of the bent damage.

04CAE186-6A75-4952-9CC3-E530860B6647.jpeg

Copper has never been with a dog. I had been working with him, taking Carson up to the fence, rubbing him, then offering my doggy hands to Cooper to sniff before rubbing his ears. I had worked to letting Carson in the pen while Cooper ate. Good thing I did. Carson and Cooper now we’re roommates. Neither one was too sure about that.

BC497869-6929-4172-A3C3-9E89B4948EE5.jpeg

Steps are fenced off to keep Cooper and Dessa off the porch, but Carson can jump up on it to survey his kingdom and get away from Cooper if needed. He can also go under the porch, his cool spot. They seem to be working it out.

Carson isn’t a livestock guardian breed, but has only had guardians for friends, so he thinks he’s one too. He has stepped up to the job of keeping Cooper safe and I’m proud of him.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to move Cooper and his companion ewe to the front yard I fenced for Carson. One night I was awakened by howling coyotes and barking dogs, coyotes were in field next to sheep field. Then I walked out back door a few mornings later, only to hear coyotes in the woods behind Cooper’s pen!

My Great Pyrenees, Trip was to be Cooper’s guardian, but he had to be put down in July due to cancer. So that left Carson as my only option. I lured Cooper and Dessa to the front yard with a feed can and they are now front yard sheep.

This put Cooper just across the driveway from Ringo and his companion ewe and the pen of the other ewes. Those two rams challenged each other, showing off for the ewes. Cooper bashed in the underskirting of the double wide and I got upset. Cooper as coyote bait started to look pretty good. I got Chris over here the next day to put pipe fence panels up to guard the rest of the underskirting and he was able to pop out most of the bent damage.

View attachment 52239

Copper has never been with a dog. I had been working with him, taking Carson up to the fence, rubbing him, then offering my doggy hands to Cooper to sniff before rubbing his ears. I had worked to letting Carson in the pen while Cooper ate. Good thing I did. Carson and Cooper now we’re roommates. Neither one was too sure about that.

View attachment 52240

Steps are fenced off to keep Cooper and Dessa off the porch, but Carson can jump up on it to survey his kingdom and get away from Cooper if needed. He can also go under the porch, his cool spot. They seem to be working it out.

Carson isn’t a livestock guardian breed, but has only had guardians for friends, so he thinks he’s one too. He has stepped up to the job of keeping Cooper safe and I’m proud of him.
Dang, I hope Cooper at least got a headache from banging up the under skirting! Carson is a good boy. Glad all are O.K. .and doing well.

Latest posts