Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has poured down rain all day. It’s a swamp out there! At times it blew sideways. The tree line looks shrouded in fog, but it’s rain. Sheep are huddled in their shelters, not even sticking their noses out. I wish I could say I’ve been busy in the house, but I haven’t. It’s a sloppy day, I’m in sweat pants and baggy shirt and just don’t really care. :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has poured down rain all day. It’s a swamp out there! At times it blew sideways. The tree line looks shrouded in fog, but it’s rain. Sheep are huddled in their shelters, not even sticking their noses out. I wish I could say I’ve been busy in the house, but I haven’t. It’s a sloppy day, I’m in sweat pants and baggy shirt and just don’t really care. :lol:

for around the house days i usually wear sweat pants, they're not super thick and they look ok.
for topwear in the house recently it's been the t-shirt and then a light jean jacket overshirt sort of thingy. when i switched to the heavier t-shirt i really noticed the difference right away in how cold i felt (or more importantly no longer felt :) ). of which reminds me of hats (via felt) and that i normally wear my hat now in the house since i keep my hair short and it make a big difference. i only take it off to sleep and shower and a few other times when i forget about it. don't wear it when company is over. usually. :) we don't really care if we look like we're just off the boat or what as long as we're warm and happy. :)

for outside stuff i have heavier duty pants that were hand-me-downs from some friends. they're heavy enough almost canvass pants that will likely last me longer than i'm alive. the same friends just asked me if i needed any more but i told them i was all set for now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put Carhart insulated overalls over my sweat pants, a denim shirt and sweat hoodie over that. Knee high rubber boots and out the back door I go. Soggy day. Telling myself to get rigged up, get outside and give Reina her eye drop. I missed the 1:00 because rain was blowing sideways.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eight years ago, my husband, BJ and I bought 4 bred ewes. Mixed breed of Katahdin and Dorper. We were so excited. They were bred and we didn’t have due dates. I checked them every night at 10:30 and first thing in the mornings. One morning I was rewarded by 2 sets of twins! My mixed breed ewes taught me so much and I am forever grateful for them. I have been moving into registered Katahdin sheep. This evening, my first registered lamb was born. It has been a journey of pitfalls and failures. And finally! Here she is!

1FD4F135-C538-4537-B80D-6EE909B6B986.jpeg

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eight years ago, my husband, BJ and I bought 4 bred ewes. Mixed breed of Katahdin and Dorper. We were so excited. They were bred and we didn’t have due dates. I checked them every night at 10:30 and first thing in the mornings. One morning I was rewarded by 2 sets of twins! My mixed breed ewes taught me so much and I am forever grateful for them. I have been moving into registered Katahdin sheep. This evening, my first registered lamb was born. It has been a journey of pitfalls and failures. And finally! Here she is!

View attachment 54723
So sweet 😍.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got out of the shower this morning, got a cup of coffee and sat down. I could hear Number One Baa Baaing in a low gutteral tone, over and over. I got the flashlight and stepped out on the porch. The lamb had crawled through the cow panel and was in Ringo’s pen. I ran out there in my house robe, rubber boots and sweat hoodie and put her back with her mom.

Now I’m listening to Cooper rumbling at Dainty in courtship. Cooper has 8 lovely ladies with him in my front yard.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Made me think of this parody song. This is set to start at the point of the sweat pants, but the whole thing is funny:

Latest posts