Baymule’s Farm

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking about how we adjust to Winter and, for me personally, socks has something to do with it :D.

For several years, it seems that i subconsciously7 increase shower temperatures in Winter months. How would I measure? I don't know but it goes beyond a hot Summer's day nice, cool shower in the evening.

Without those farm animals, I spend little cold weather time outdoors. But, before even any real start to my day, I'm more comfortable here in the lazyboy. More comfortably warm but I have made no changes to the thermostat or attire. Changes over the years and I learned the value of layering long ago 🤗. Socks - buy some heavy and oversize to wear over a thin pair. And, bring your oversize shoes in to the warmest part of the house before putting them on and going off into the cold outdoors.

Steve :)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Ewenique had twins last night. The black one is a ewe and the white one is a ram. Ewenique is the last of my first sheep and is 9 years old. She is an excellent mother and I’m really happy to have a ewe lamb from her.

View attachment 54441

The ram lamb has floppy feet. They are bent forward at the pastern or ankle, all 4 feet. It’s not bad, I gave him Bo-Se and Nutradrench for sheep. His front knees are slightly bent, but he’s on his feet(or ankles) and sucking. He’s eating, he’s not as bouncy as his sister but these sort of things generally correct themselves in a few weeks.

View attachment 54442
Ewenique You coined that named?😊

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, I had my old ram, Ringo, put down yesterday afternoon. Ringo would have been 10 years old on the 28th of this month. Ram life expectancy is 10-12 years old. Over the weekend he shut down. Quit eating, drinking, no pee, no poop, refused even his beloved animal crackers. Took him to the vet, who examined him. Ringo had some kind of blockage internally and it was decided to put him down. I sat in the floor of the trailer, stroking his face as he left me.

Neighbor came over with his tractor this morning and we buried Ringo. Before we put him in the hole, I let the dogs out to say goodbye. They knew something was wrong with him over the weekend and tried to comfort him. They licked him, cuddled next to him and just stayed close. When I left yesterday, Sentry ran the fence line to the road, whining. Heartbreaking.

The dogs sniffed Ringo all over, then laid down a short distance away as he was covered up.

BJ and I went to Tennessee to get Ringo 4 years ago. He was the most un-ram like ram ever. Sweet, gentle, calm and just wanted love and attention, plus his animal crackers.

I have 16 breeding ewes, 12 are his daughters. I have 3 new lambs, ewes, that are his daughters and I have 5 bred ewes. Ringo is the foundation for my flock and has left his legacy.

This. This made me bawl and I’m still crying.

Love has no boundaries. Sentry. His name says it all.

835C79B7-8995-43DB-A9B6-482A0B2D5227.jpeg

22C97B8E-44A8-407F-B065-D7AC8CFE76A4.jpeg

Latest posts