Baymule’s Farm

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have white hair, really white. My 16 year old granddaughter has been wanting to dye it for the longest time. I finally said ok, but the ends only, so if I don’t like it, I can cut it off. But I like it! We had fun.

View attachment 63043
I love it! Also I also offer a thousand apologies for referring to you as a favorite grandpa, as opposed to grandMA. My bad! The anonymity of forums such as this one leads to misconceptions I guess.

I like the look of the purple ends. Somewhere I have some bright hair dye put away, and my hair is the same shade of white as yours. I should get it out and try that same look, because, as you said, if I don't like it, I can cut it off.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it! Also I also offer a thousand apologies for referring to you as a favorite grandpa, as opposed to grandMA. My bad! The anonymity of forums such as this one leads to misconceptions I guess.

I like the look of the purple ends. Somewhere I have some bright hair dye put away, and my hair is the same shade of white as yours. I should get it out and try that same look, because, as you said, if I don't like it, I can cut it off.
It’s all good. You aren’t the first to think I’m a man. I am WOman! Hahaha!

Do the ends, it’s fun!

As rad as @baymule is, I'm suprised she hasn't done it already! ;)
Because the grow out process is awful. Horribly ugly with half and half hair!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s all good. You aren’t the first to think I’m a man. I am WOman! Hahaha!

Do the ends, it’s fun!

Because the grow out process is awful. Horribly ugly with half and half hair!

Mom shaves hers down to about 3/8th inch but she often comments about people with pink, blue or purple hair... she won't do it though. she went a curly brown red a few years ago for a while but just hates having long hair so after a few years of that she got it chopped off and she was so happy once again. with short hair a lot of people kept assuming she had cancer and that gets really annoying.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I worked on the gate to the front field. I put a wheel on the gate so I don’t have to drag it. Ewes waited to be let into the field. Finally I opened their gate and they ran for the grass.

First lamb of 2024! Brownie was due 2 days ago. She is registered and small due to worms that the ignorant horrible woman I bought her and 2 others from, was too stupid to properly worm and care for them. Her shining feat is that she survived the parasites.

This is Brownie’s second lamb. Her first was Ringo 2.0 the only registered ram I have from Ringo. I had to help her with her first lamb, so I’ve been keeping a close eye on her.

So I watched as she circled a few times and had a string of goop hanging out.

IMG_5667.jpeg

Sheba was in the field, so I got a chair and we watched Brownie give birth. A couple of black vultures circled overhead and Sheba lit up barking. They flew off.

Dont be fooled, Sheba is watching.

IMG_5669.jpeg

Brownie went down several times, pushing.

IMG_5670.jpeg

A dark colored lamb hit the ground.

IMG_5673.jpeg

After several tries, the lamb stood up.

IMG_5676.jpeg

Breakfast! Birthing is hard work!

IMG_5677.jpeg

I was glad Brownie had her lamb in the field instead of the muddy pen! But I wanted to put them both in the small pen so I could feed her separately for a few days and give the little one time to gain strength. I picked up the lamb, carried low so Brownie could follow and got them both in the small pen. I put Sheba back in the middle field with Buford and put Sentry in the front field to protect the other lambs.

Buford was intensely interested in the ewe, lamb, but most of all, the treat bag that was hanging out Brownie’s back end. He stuck his head through the cow panel, I said no. I remembered what @Ridgetop said about wrapping the placenta around my hand and crying in pain when the dogs tried to lick it. Brownie still had possession of it, so I offered my goopy hand, from carrying the lamb, to Buford. He sniffed and I cried out, I threw in a couple of puppy YIPE’s. He backed away and went back to the tantalizing treat still attached to Brownie. He stuck his nose through the cow panel and I cried, OW! Boo-hoo’ed and puppy YIPE’s again. Buford backed off. He looked at her, I merely pointed my finger at him and he flashed me his “I’m in trouble grin.” He laid down and I praised him.

IMG_5679.jpeg

After a bit, he moved out farther and joined Sheba in a nap.

IMG_5680.jpeg

Lamb is solid dark brown with a few white hairs on the back of HER head. It’s a EWE! I will keep her, send off for her registration papers and she will join the flock.

IMG_5682.jpeg

I’m SO glad Brownie gave birth yesterday. It was sunny and nice. It started pouring rain about 3:30 AM and I know mother and daughter are snug in their shelter. My registered flock is growing.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I worked on the gate to the front field. I put a wheel on the gate so I don’t have to drag it. Ewes waited to be let into the field. Finally I opened their gate and they ran for the grass.

First lamb of 2024! Brownie was due 2 days ago. She is registered and small due to worms that the ignorant horrible woman I bought her and 2 others from, was too stupid to properly worm and care for them. Her shining feat is that she survived the parasites.

This is Brownie’s second lamb. Her first was Ringo 2.0 the only registered ram I have from Ringo. I had to help her with her first lamb, so I’ve been keeping a close eye on her.

So I watched as she circled a few times and had a string of goop hanging out.

View attachment 63133

Sheba was in the field, so I got a chair and we watched Brownie give birth. A couple of black vultures circled overhead and Sheba lit up barking. They flew off.

Dont be fooled, Sheba is watching.

View attachment 63134

Brownie went down several times, pushing.

View attachment 63135

A dark colored lamb hit the ground.

View attachment 63136

After several tries, the lamb stood up.

View attachment 63137

Breakfast! Birthing is hard work!

View attachment 63138

I was glad Brownie had her lamb in the field instead of the muddy pen! But I wanted to put them both in the small pen so I could feed her separately for a few days and give the little one time to gain strength. I picked up the lamb, carried low so Brownie could follow and got them both in the small pen. I put Sheba back in the middle field with Buford and put Sentry in the front field to protect the other lambs.

Buford was intensely interested in the ewe, lamb, but most of all, the treat bag that was hanging out Brownie’s back end. He stuck his head through the cow panel, I said no. I remembered what @Ridgetop said about wrapping the placenta around my hand and crying in pain when the dogs tried to lick it. Brownie still had possession of it, so I offered my goopy hand, from carrying the lamb, to Buford. He sniffed and I cried out, I threw in a couple of puppy YIPE’s. He backed away and went back to the tantalizing treat still attached to Brownie. He stuck his nose through the cow panel and I cried, OW! Boo-hoo’ed and puppy YIPE’s again. Buford backed off. He looked at her, I merely pointed my finger at him and he flashed me his “I’m in trouble grin.” He laid down and I praised him.

View attachment 63139

After a bit, he moved out farther and joined Sheba in a nap.

View attachment 63140

Lamb is solid dark brown with a few white hairs on the back of HER head. It’s a EWE! I will keep her, send off for her registration papers and she will join the flock.

View attachment 63141

I’m SO glad Brownie gave birth yesterday. It was sunny and nice. It started pouring rain about 3:30 AM and I know mother and daughter are snug in their shelter. My registered flock is growing.
Long life and good health to your newest addition! She's beautiful. 🐑🍀❤️

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You take SUCH good care of your critters! :hugs
I have had to search high and low but I FINALLY found an available farrier!!
My poor 25yo mare is really overgrown, but next Thursday she will get trimmed. This is a new farrier, so I made sure to tell him that if there was time, trim all 3, if not, Just trim her.
She is having trouble walking. Beautiful front hooves, no imperfections, just.too.long.
ON a positive note, 20yo help across the street is in between jobs, so he has been cleaning stalls for me!

Latest posts