Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now I'm embarrassed, we moved in July last year and all I managed to get done is one flower bed so far! Not sure whether a veggie bed will happen this spring or not, too many travel plans... Good hard work baymule!
Don't feel too bad @NwMtGardener she puts a lot of us to shame. I believe she is 3/4 Energizer Bunny!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have lived in our house about 25 years, and I am still finding things in the flower beds that I never saw before. A couple of weeks ago I found a blown glass hummingbird with one wing missing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have poison oak/ivy on my belly, ankles, big toe, sprinkled on both arms AND ant bites! I wore blue jeans, long sleeved shirt, socks and tennis shoes. Oh well.

The garden is 50'x70' that'll do to get started. I made a small garden in the back where I can separate varieties for saving seed.

There is a strip of briars and saplings between the garden and pipeline, been waiting on the saplings to bud out. Turns out some are sassafras! I dug a few up today and chopped off the roots off. I boiled a few of the roots and my husband and I are enjoying a chilled glass of sassafras tea! It sure is good. He said it's been 40 years since he had sassafras tea.

This evening, DH stopped and cleaned the corner fence row before he even came down the driveway. We cleaned half the front fence, took up the old barb wire and bush hogged a clear strip. It looks so much better.

Tractor is in shop getting serviced, the fuel filter housing put back on and a rear light lens put back on. Can't wait to get it back! My husband knows the way to my heart. It has quick change for the implements and we love that feature.

Next project will be stringing another stretch of fence.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Git 'er done! :thumbsup Can't wait to see pics of all you've been up to. :pop

I love the smell of sassafras tea simmering on the stove. My grandma said it is a blood purifier. Don't know if that is true or not, but it sure is tasty. :)

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Whoohoo, you go girl! So glad it's all moving forward for your new place. It's been a whirlwind of activity down here, too.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
ARGH :rant Poison Ivy! I also break out easily. Then to top it off with ant bites. That has to be miserable. But that is not going to slow you down! Can't wait to see the place. Remember to take some time off this weekend and Enjoy EASTER with family. :hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee we ate celebrating Easter with our family. Will pick mom up and go to DD's for lunch.

Just came out of the garden. I planted 140 Anasazi corn seed in 5 short rows. I'll wait a couple weeks and do it again. I planted 3 short rows of turnips and 2 of purple mustard. It's a coin toss if they make or bake. LOL

I planted 35 of my long green bean seed, drove 2 T-post and tied a few rows of hay twine on them.

I also dug more briar roots. Just in that small space I piled up my wagon with long runners!