Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is what DH vought. Back in May 2013. It has been a wonderful addition to the manpower capabilities needed for work on this little place.

Attachments

• kubota 2013.jpg
    kubota 2013.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 240

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so wanting something like that, moxies_. We have a huge farm tractor DH would never let me learn to drive. Now he can't teach me -- or drive it himself -- and it's too big when most of the farm is rented out anyway.

My tiny 18-horse garden tractor is too small for what we really want to do. What I need is something around 40-horse with bucket, and 3-point hitch. That mini backhoe would be nice as well.

I suppose I'd better start trolling Greg's List.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is what DH vought. Back in May 2013. It has been a wonderful addition to the manpower capabilities needed for work on this little place.
i like that could use one of those around here....

Here is DH's Tractor. An Old Ford. He was always going to fix up some dents and rust and give it a fresh paint job. Oh Well it works just fine not being pretty. ;)
View attachment 6789

now carol it has character whats a ford without a little rust and a couple dents... have to ask whats that on the front of it..?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning we bought a huskquvarna (sp?) Chainsaw, 18" bar. Also bought the 95 octane, special pre mixed fuel for it. DH had a blast cutting saplings that were too big for the tractor to mow down. Then we bush hogged a little. I cut trails around sassafras and native persimmon trees. We had a wonderful afternoon.

One of our neighbors has a friend that works at Tractor Supply and was able to use friends employee discount. He took our trailer, a wad of cash and came back with 6 rolls of 4'x200' non climb horse wire, 100 T-posts, and 2 gates. Guess what we'll be doing?

Latest posts