Baymule's 2016 Garden

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's all just awesome Bay! Your grand daughters are the best part of course.
Love that one of the baby eating BB's with a side of dirt on her little face!

I need to get new rubber feet for my moms old SaladMaster. Love that thing.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, how many squash plants did you plant?

Mary
I would have to go count them. I planted the whole packet of seed. After years of gardening in beds in the front yard and only being able to plant a few of this or a few of that, I PLANTED THE WHOLE PACKET OF SEEDS!! :lol: Not all of them came up and not all of them lived, but I have 2 rows of big healthy plants.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, how many squash plants did you plant?

Mary
I counted them today just for you, Mary. :love I have 32 yellow squash vines.

And today I picked more squash, 30 of them! That makes 84 squash so far and they are still loaded with baby squash and blooms. We gave some neighbors 10 of them, they were delighted. We picked wild plums from a fence row and I cooked them while I put up squash. I got almost a quart of juice, I'll make jelly tomorrow. I grated squash for fritters and got to thinking, why couldn't I make squash bread? Like zucchini but with yellow squash instead. I'll let ya'll know how it tastes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked 21 more squash, total now at 105. Our neighbor Russell, brought over a round bale for the horses and we gave him 10 squash. I gave him my squash fritter recipe and he went home and made them, texted us a picture! This is starting to be a squash thread, instead of a garden thread.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
All that squash is looking good. But the granddaughter are so cute. The youngest one is precious. Her big blue eyes match all those blueberries she ate. :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would have to go count them. I planted the whole packet of seed. After years of gardening in beds in the front yard and only being able to plant a few of this or a few of that, I PLANTED THE WHOLE PACKET OF SEEDS!! :lol: Not all of them came up and not all of them lived, but I have 2 rows of big healthy plants.

:lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 14231

The 16 month old loves blueberries and got busy picking. Green ones, red ones, purple ones---all went in her mouth. She ate out of my bucket and contributed red and green blueberries to the bucket. She had a large time. She finally got her fill and when I offered her more blueberries, she turned her head and said no. I'm pretty sure she ate some dirt with them. :lol:
View attachment 14230

Totally adorable! :love

Latest posts