Baymule's 2017 Garden Thread

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have picked more turnip greens and more zucchini. Zucchini count is up to 27 now. It looks like the zucchini is going to produce like crazy like the yellow squash did last year. We met a man at DH's therapy today who planted 5,000 onion sets. He is giving away onions, so we are going Friday to trade zucchini for onions! :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are those the Egyptian Walking Onions? I had some at our old house. We moved out on a Saturday, went back on Monday to finish getting some things and the lady had already moved in, pulled the onions and ate them! One of these days I will have some nice beds and will get them again.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Not one, well, I have a picture but not from today~and I think you've seen it.

The girls are very specific as to how I sit the horse, how I move the reins~Daddy don't move your shoulders with the horse sit tall, firm~she used a different word. He, strider was acting badly with the mares, I was riding him all he could think about was the mares~he reared a couple times after a mare~they said I did well to stay the saddle.

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been pulling WEEDS! Giant ragweed could grow anywhere on this 8 acres it wanted to, but NOOOOO...... it picks my garden! The sheep love ragweed, so they get a lot of it. The pig's half acre pasture (with no pasture LOL) borders the garden so when I am pulling weeds, they line up for their share. Black-eyed Susans are coming up in the garden, so I transplanted a lot of them so I can enjoy their flowers. I have a few patches of chickweed, so I left it to reseed itself.

The zucchini vines are HUGE and LOADED with squash. The tomatoes are growing good and the peppers are stalled, doing nothing. Probably too durn cold. It is 53 degrees right now! :th HEY! SPRINGTIME! Don't you know this is TEXAS and it is supposed to be in the 80+ degrees about now??? :barnie

We had major tornadoes last night. Three of them went through Canton, about 25 miles from us. Canton has First Monday, a 400 acre flea market and there were thousands of people in town for it. 5 known dead, over 50 people treated at area hospitals and lots of damage. Our local news broadcast constantly on the storms. Tornadoes came close, there was rotation in our area, but we got no damage. We thought the storms had blown through, but more sprang up in our immediate area. When you hear your own neighborhood listed on the weather for possible tornadoes, it does get your attention! I was on the phone with friends, telling them where the tornadoes were in their area, then later, they were telling ME because my satellite TV was out.

Several times the weather caster choked up and got emotional because of the injured and dead. It was a hard night.
/QUOTE]

Glad you are safe. I think it is going to be some summer for crazy weather.

Latest posts