Baymule's 2017 Garden Thread

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, Puff Adder not poisonous, but cross Paris's path and it's DEAD. She's killed 2 copperheads that I know of. It is fascinating to watch her stalk snakes. She hates them. Poisonous snakes in Texas are rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccasin and coral snakes. Easy rhyme to remember about coral snakes; Red and yella, kill a fella. Red and black, friend of Jack. That is to say, if the red and yellow bands touch, it is a coral snake and poisonous. If the red and black bands touch, it is a King snake or Milk snake and is harmless.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Can't find much~under this title it is made by a couple Chinese Companies~seems to be just Glyphosate that is a dirty one. Claims low toxicity~under that name, but it's far from that. It's Cheap and Dirty`long lasting and migrates`
Unclear on the internet. If I can find out more I'll post it.
-----------

2-(phosphonomethylamino)acetic acid;propan-2-amine

Glyphosate-isopropylammonium | C6H17N2O5P - PubChem
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/38078
Read more.. 2-(phosphonomethylamino)acetic acid;propan-2-amine. from PubChem ..... Glyphosate and its isopropylamine salt have extremely low oral toxicity.
glyphosate | C3H8NO5P - PubChem
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/glyphosate
Chemical Names: Glyphosate; N-(Phosphonomethyl)glycine; 1071-83-6; .... 2-(phosphonomethylamino)acetic acid ..... When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of /nitrogen and ... pKa1 = 2.34 (20 deg C) /phosphate acid/; pKa2 = 5.73 (20 deg C) /secondary amine/; pKa3 =10.2 (25 deg C) /carboxylic acid/.
GLYPHOSATE ISOPROPYLAMINE SALT - The Vespiary
https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/Vespiary/talk/.../topic,1392.0.htm...
Sep 23, 2010 - 7 posts - ‎3 authors
I wonder how to "extract" isopropylamine and glyphosate (alone) from Roundup ... An Identical post wasmade at the wd site by this person. should we be putting ... Glyphosate goes by the names N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine (the IUPAC name) and the other name of 2-[(phosphonomethyl)amino]acetic acid.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seem to be one of the ingredients in Round up and Agent Orange~Glyphosate hidden under a new title.

Glyphosate is an aminophosphonic analogue of the natural amino acid glycine, and the name is a contraction of gly(cine) phos(phon)ate.

Glyphosate goes by the names N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine (the IUPAC name)
and the other name of 2-[(phosphonomethyl)amino]acetic acid

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, Puff Adder not poisonous, but cross Paris's path and it's DEAD. She's killed 2 copperheads that I know of. It is fascinating to watch her stalk snakes. She hates them. Poisonous snakes in Texas are rattlesnakes, copperheads, water moccasin and coral snakes. Easy rhyme to remember about coral snakes; Red and yella, kill a fella. Red and black, friend of Jack. That is to say, if the red and yellow bands touch, it is a coral snake and poisonous. If the red and black bands touch, it is a King snake or Milk snake and is harmless.

Your pup kills snakes~Copperheads~Good go Paris`

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i remember that snake saying when i was in Florida for a few months as a really young kid. coral & milk snakes used to roam around the area we were in. good dog! i don't plan on going back to Florida for any reason, but if i could borrow a dog that hates snakes that much i may be more willing for another visit.