Baymule's 2018 Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

i kno... bay is missing out IMO. but tastes differ and all that... i think it odd though to reject a food out of hand just because it looks strange. i'll at least taste a sample before rejecting it. how else would a person discover the heaven that is escargot? :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
i kno... bay is missing out IMO. but tastes differ and all that... i think it odd though to reject a food out of hand just because it looks strange. i'll at least taste a sample before rejecting it. how else would a person discover the heaven that is escargot? :)

Probably when they are starving, I mean really desperate.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably when they are starving, I mean really desperate.

i had conch a few times in the tropics and it was always great so i wasn't against trying escargot, luckily i did have them made by someone who knew what they were doing... and i wasn't starving in any of those situations.

[edit: too funny, i didn't say a word to Mom about this thread/topic and i walk through the kitchen a few moments ago and there's a quart of split pea and ham soup thawing out by the sink... lol coincidences happen...]

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had escargot and I loved it. :drool Looks like a giant booger! I would try cream of green gook soup and the yellow diaper dump soup too, just never had it before. :lol::lol:

thank you dear Bay for making me laugh... :) it's been quite a good and fun day here so i'm glad to have some laugh at the end too. like how the day started with us cracking jokes. coffee goes a long long ways with me...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whew! My husband and our friend Robert worked on a HEAVY Feed trough for Wilbur the huge hog that we’re picking up Saturday. I measured and cut boards for a shelf unit I’m gonna build. I picked cucumbers, there’s enough for a small batch of pickles.

Then Robert and I picked the corn. I set aside 12 ears for DD and her family. We shucked corn. Robert went home with 25 good full ears I selected because they put up corn on the cob, so I wanted it to be pretty. We gave him some tomatoes too. The tomatoes aren’t big, nor are they many, but we had enough to share.

It’s 3 PM I’m tired and have cucumbers to cut up and a wash pan of corn to scrub, blanch and cut off the cob. I’m sure glad I put a big beef roast in the oven this morning!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score

Well, I absolutely refuse to try balut based on appearance. If you ever decide to try that particular delicacy, please video tape and put up for me!

Latest posts