Baymule's 2018 Garden

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I absolutely refuse to try balut based on appearance. If you ever decide to try that particular delicacy, please video tape and put up for me!

i had to look up what that was. i'm not too likely to find it or many other exotic dishes around here. so i'd guess my chances of coming across it at random is pretty close to zero. however, being the curious sort, i read into it more and some descriptions it didn't sound too bad.

plenty of people eat eggs and eat chicken, so i'd see nothing really strange in eating fertilized eggs at various stages of development. i think i'd probably not really be into it if there were claws, beaks, bones and feathers involved.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got 5 bags of cream corn. Robert gave me the seed, bragged on it being a white sweet corn. Ummm it ain’t sweet corn. Tastes more like a field or yellow dent corn. Not that’s fine with me. I’ll make bacon baked corn.

Fry bacon in iron skillet. Take bacon out, dump cream corn in bacon grease. If there is a lot of grease, drain some out. Don’t stir it in. Crumble bacon over the top and bake in oven at 350 until the edges are brown. Yummy!

The picture makes it look yellow, but it is white.

C06A3508-8A7A-4C6C-8815-95A5C1F48B01.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sit down and enjoy a tall glass of sweet tea
I did. For about an hour. I cut up the cucumbers and set to soak in lime water, then scrubbed and washed the corn. I blanched and cooled it. Before I started cutting on it, a neighbor needed my cordless drill, so we took it to him, he just brought it back, well after dark. I got the corn done and grabbed some home made chocolate chip cookies...….very nutritious supper.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friend brought some Iowa sweet corn home. Largest ears I’ve seen for sweet corn. Flavor—not all that good.

When folks retired to KY, what locals called sweet corn was not what I would call sweet corn.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got 5 bags of cream corn. Robert gave me the seed, bragged on it being a white sweet corn. Ummm it ain’t sweet corn. Tastes more like a field or yellow dent corn. Not that’s fine with me. I’ll make bacon baked corn.

Fry bacon in iron skillet. Take bacon out, dump cream corn in bacon grease. If there is a lot of grease, drain some out. Don’t stir it in. Crumble bacon over the top and bake in oven at 350 until the edges are brown. Yummy!

The picture makes it look yellow, but it is white.

View attachment 27980

now i want that for breakfast... :)

Latest posts