BBQ thread...

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cooking this weekend. I haven't lit a smoker since Thanksgiving turkey in the drum smoker...that's got to be a record for me. Don't know what I'm cooking yet. I'll decide that when I go to the market tomorrow.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
lol..... the wife asked what I was doing for dinner this weekend, so put on the polar suit and checked out what we had in the chest freezer.

found chicken breasts and been hankering for some sake. going to make a pear and sake marinate for them. some for them and some for the chef..

and since our son will be home this weekend from collage, he asked for bbq so that was easy boston butt, hush puppies, beans and cole slaw.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with you baymule. Geezz, I wish my husband had been related to Monty. Maybe some of the genes would have been shared. My husband's idea of cooking is taking me out to dinner. I guess I shouldn't complain. :hide

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just so ya'll know, a man that can cook like that is AWESOME!!
Geez talk about a buzz kill!!! And here I thought my wife liked me for my dashing good looks and my make you weak in the knees smile! Nope come ot find out I can cook and I can reach things over her head that she would need a step ladder for.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The DW cooked tonight. This weekend I am leaning towards deboning a chicken and stuffing it with ham and swiss then trussing it back up and smoking it. I'll probably throw something on one of the grills too...might even give the DO a little something to do.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
I agree with you baymule. Geezz, I wish my husband had been related to Monty. Maybe some of the genes would have been shared. My husband's idea of cooking is taking me out to dinner. I guess I shouldn't complain. :hide

Mary
Haha Mary! My DH can scramble eggs and make pancakes from the "add water" box. And he is absolutely dangerous with ANY tools! I do as much building projects and fix-it stuff while he is at work, so he won't "help" me! :lol:

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I should show the DW this thread...I'm "awesome"! She'll tell me to deflate my head...:lol: If cooking is awesome how does carpentry rate? My DW has the opposite problem Bay. She plants an idea in my head and I run with it. I sometimes overdo it. Back in 2008 she wanted one of those gazebos from Lowes fro Mothers Day. I knew she meant one of the metal ones, but she failed to specify that. So when I brought home the lumber and she questioned it I told her it was a gazebo from Lowes...some assembly required :D

I didn't have any plans to go by, just a few sketches to work out the math. It came out pretty much as I figured it would.

stakedout2.jpg

waterbreak.jpg

100_0867.jpg

kingpost2.jpg

And after she added her personal touch to it:
Mygazebo-1.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Monty, I am AWED! Amazing! Beautiful! And here I was proud of my chicken coop I built that is 6'11"x8'2"x7'1"x8'3"!!! :lol:

Latest posts