Beans held hostage!!!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Should have seen the look on my face when Dew said the beans showed up.

She said, "You don't get these beans until I get my sweet pickles!"

I told her, "But I don't have any lime." She says "Oh yes you do," and pulled a bag out of the box.

:ep

"But, but..I don't have any cucumbers left!" :plbb

"I'll bet you can find some at Rogers." :somad

I know that look.

:bow "Yes dear."

Some gardener I am. I had to buy cucumbers. CUCUMBERS!! What gardener worth his weight in compost has to buy cucumbers?? It was a very embarrassing and traumatic experience.

But, on the bright side, it takes exactly 1/2 bushel of cucumbers to make Bays recipe. I bought a full bushel, so more DILL pickles!!! :weee
:plbb :plbb NEVER mess with a woman who has beans, and wants her SWEET PICKLES. :drool :drool
:gig :gig I didn't know I gave a "look" when I want something..... guess it's called determination!!!!! :bun

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ransom has been paid! Twenty-five pints of sweet pickles cooling on the table right now! My sinuses will never be the same :lol:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Ransom has been paid! Twenty-five pints of sweet pickles cooling on the table right now! My sinuses will never be the same :lol:
I think we will be smelling vinegar for days.:gig :gig But I think it will be worth it. :fl :drool
AND you got more DILL pickles out of the deal. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
See??? That's what I was asking about in the crisp pickle thread. That smell just lasts and lasts and lasts.... .and ... lasts. ;)

They are - however - the BEST pickles ever!!!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
canesisters said:
See??? That's what I was asking about in the crisp pickle thread. That smell just lasts and lasts and lasts.... .and ... lasts. ;)

They are - however - the BEST pickles ever!!!
It doesn't seem to be as bad as it was 3 hours ago. :lol: Or maybe we just got used to it. :hu

I think Next time I ask for something like SWEET PICKLES, Monty will think twice.... and no beans will be taken hostage. Geesh, the things I gotta go threw to get some sweet pickles. :gig :gig

Baymule, thanks for the help and pickle lime! :hugs :woot

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
STRAINING MY NEANDERTHAL BRAIN AS HARD AS I CAN...

SENDING MONTY YET ANOTHER VOICE!!!

MAKE A BIGGER GARDEN SOMEHOW SO YOU CAN DO BOTH

MAKE A BIGGER GARDEN SOMEHOW SO YOU CAN DO BOTH

Sending this on an imperative wavelength, jamming all other signals!

REMOVE ALL LAWN AND GRASS AND REPLACE WITH GARDEN!

(uh ohhhhhhhhhhhh Monty's getting the voice of an ugly ole neanderthal hippy in his brain now)

Hmmm, gonna send the same message to Dew's brain too!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not a chance Marshall. I am making the garden smaller as the years go by and the kids move out. It used to be 10,000 sq. ft. It's now down to a more manageable 3500 or so. I have plenty of room to grow tons of cucumbers, I just didn't use a good variety.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
YAY! :weee Dew got her SWEET pickles and Monty got his bean seeds! I love it when a plan comes together!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, 25 pints of pickles and she has already emptied one! Maybe I should have used the whole bushel and made a double batch?

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule said:
YAY! :weee Dew got her SWEET pickles and Monty got his bean seeds! I love it when a plan comes together!
Thanks to my partner in crime !!!!!!!!! :gig :gig :hugs They are awesome too!!!!! :love :love

Latest posts