Beans held hostage!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh. after reading the recipe and then reading this i ran out to my local feed store that happens to also carry a lot of other neat homesteading goodies. i was able to find they had the pickling lime! so now i just need the cukes. one of my coworkers says she should have an over abundance of what i need and should be able to give me some on friday! :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, Monty, you should have used the whole bushel!!

Chickie's Moma, these are the best sweet pickles ever! My great grandmother made them, my grandmother made them and my momma was not interested. :lol: The first time I made them, I was in high school and I have made them ever since. People that don't even like sweet pickles usually like these.......except maybe MontyJ......... :gig

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
baymule said:
Yes, Monty, you should have used the whole bushel!!

Chickie's Moma, these are the best sweet pickles ever! My great grandmother made them, my grandmother made them and my momma was not interested. :lol: The first time I made them, I was in high school and I have made them ever since. People that don't even like sweet pickles usually like these.......except maybe MontyJ......... :gig
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pickles should not be sweet! That's why we have cookies!.

Latest posts