Beautiful weekend out side *Updated 6/08/11* with question

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a wonderful weekend working outside and feel great today. My calves hurt, but I feel great.

One big bed planted, another needing work.
6832_spring_006.jpg

Asparagus bed
2467_spring_009.jpg

Green peas in 20" containers with upside down tomato cages
2467_spring_007.jpg

Brussell Sprout and Zucchini
2467_spring_010.jpg

24 pepper plants, 10 cucumber, and 4 sugar baby watermelon
6832_spring_011.jpg

Area to the right of my "garden" that need to be tilled up and the horse manure mixed in for my big tomato plants.
6832_spring_012.jpg

Plants waiting to be "planted", lol..
2467_spring_001.jpg

Some kind of butterfly bush (which I'm afraid to plant because I don't know if it's poisonous to my animals) and my mini rose in the background.
6832_spring_003.jpg

Gratuitous barnyard picture of my babies
2467_spring_025.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything is looking great!!! Looks like the peas in a pot idea, is really working... I'll be copying that next year!
Are there two chickens sitting on that goats head??
Wasn't it great to be able to get out in the sunshine and get work done! I had a productive weekend, too! It's my lower back that's aching! Looking forward to more pics as the season progresses...

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Two red sex link girls on Skye's back. If a goat stands still long enough in my yard, some chicken will hitch a ride. Or if you feed a goat, the chickens eat it too.

2467_spring_031.jpg

The blue hen is my special chicken, Edwina. She got played with rather roughly by a dog when she was younger. I don't know exactly what happened to her, but her tail leans to the left side and she walks with a limp. She will always have a home here and I try to keep her in with the "rooster-less" girls so she doesn't get beat up too bad. They all got out on Sunday to "free range" in the goat enclosure, which is now HUMONGOUS as we add about 400' of wire.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Everything looks fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing, as I've pretty much done nothing for days... its fun to watch someone else's work! LOL :hugs

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
If your back don't hurt.....you aren't a REAL gardener. HA!

I cleaned out and planted my flower/shrub bed by my front door yesterday. 5 hours of bending over, digging, trimming and cursing (just kidding about the cursing, that came later when I laid down to ease my back). I got 5 huge Sago Palms trimmed (ouch!), 5 shrubs (3 gal) planted, several small things planted and all mulched in before I threw in the towel and headed for the Aleve. It looks SO PRETTY this morning. Just like childbirth, you forget how bad it hurt when you see the result the next day.

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
See all the new growth in the garden. My garlic bed almost ready to harvest and the green peas were dieing and I feed the vines to the goats while they were still green.
6832_garden2_001.jpg

6832_garden2_010.jpg

My first tomatoes
6832_garden2_004.jpg

My first cucumbers
6832_garden2_005.jpg

My zuchinni, I'm so proud
6832_garden2_009.jpg

My bean teepees, baby zuchinni and tomatoes on a cattle panel.
6832_garden2_003.jpg

Perspective shot, I still need to enclose the new plowed area, take down the old divider and a few fence pieces. I have the whole center of the plowed area to plant something in.
6832_garden2_002.jpg

Something is eating my brusell sprouts
6832_garden2_008.jpg

Last but not least, my Topsy Turvey with a successful Juliet Grape tomato plant that has taken off since I planted it 2 weeks ago.
6832_garden2_011.jpg

Any suggestions guys?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks good! You must be having some sunshine! My only concern is that it looks like you might be getting a little mildew on that squash plant. It could be the pic, but you see that white covering on the leaf?? Make sure it has plenty of air flow, and you might want to spray it with a milk solution (if it is mildew.) Happy Gardening!!

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yep Lisa it is mildew. I started treating it this AM. Funny thing is you see it has nothing around it to block air flow, but we have had a few "dew-y" and humid nights the past couple of nights. I'll treat it now and hope it stays big and pretty. My plants last year did not get this big and did not look this healthy and the mildew was much worse.

Latest posts