Been so warm here

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's more like late Spring than Winter. I'm considering skipping a Fall garden altogether and go right to a Summer garden.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting chilly here.

There is a 90% chance of snow tonight with no thawing until late in the week. Instead, lows will drop into the teens. That will be just a sukoshi below normal for here. (Is that the correct use of the term, Hoodat?)

The weather service says that you have to wait right through the winter before hitting even odds about the time of the equinox. LINK

Even ____

Reactions: Hal

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ん'. ;)

The snow fell.

I hope that it's a little better than the rain for the homeowners with the windstorm damage. I can't imagine that it will be better for the roofers.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was hoping for a good rain today but now it doesn't look like it. There is now only a 70 percent chance of rain for an hour and then it quickly drops to 20 percent. It may not even rain at all! Was hoping this rain would mean snow at our cabin.

Mary

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Mary. Snow it will be at your elevation! 100% chance today and early tomorrow. I was up in Arnold yesterday cleaning my Bro's cabin, and there were shreds of snow in Arnold along the roads.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I swept the backsteps and a path out to the driveway.

The sidewalk was too wide to move all the snow with the broom. So, I just pushed one half over on the other. Now, I have to go back with a shovel ...

Can I get some of this in a box for you, Mary??

Steve

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
This past Saturday we had 13 inches of snow in Woodstock, Illinois. How would you like to try that out for awhile. I think we lost a few inches yesterday and today it's a little warmer, but it looks a lot like winter here.

Latest posts