Beginning of a new herb garden

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That looks really nice!! I love being able to go out and get fresh herbs out of my garden.
Here in Tucson, Rosemary grows quite well.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks folks! I have a lot of that stone. I actually spent several days hauling it up from the hillside on the back of the property for another project. Originally, it was destined to replace the fake plastic stone skirting around the gazebo. I just haven't got around to doing it yet. In the mean time, I borrowed some of it. It's no big deal, I have tons more over there. DW actually likes the fake stuff because it matches the color of the gazebo better than the sandstone does so I have plenty to play with to make my pools and waterfalls.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty little herb garden Monty. I confess to being an herb nincompoop. The only ones I actually use regularly are basil and thyme. But my son is a sous chef and knows how to use herbs and told me he'd like to grow some for his own use ( I may not be a savvy cook but I can teach that boy to garden! :) ).
So today I bought him a few. And maybe I can learn from him too.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
monty, I hope you post pics periodically showing how the bed fills out. it's going to be beautiful with all those herbs.

I have a rosemary that I wish I knew what kind it is. it never blooms. I keeps a pretty tight habit & has been happy for the last 7 or 8 years. I used to have several & lost them for one reason or another. this is the only one I've bothered to keep. I have sage in my vegetable raised bed. it's just kinda sitting there. I can't seem to get sage established. I have a new basil also in the raised veggie bed. it's tucked under the tomatoes so maybe it won't burn up. i'm waiting for fresh tomatoes, basil, and buffalo mozzarella with some good olive oil & lots of black pepper.

Latest posts