best lawn tractor???

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If it not froze up it will run. You should be able to find parts for the motor for sure, parts for mowing deck and body may be tough to find though. I can still get motor parts for a 1947 David Bradley walk behind tractor. They changed name to craftsman in 1950s.View attachment 26272
This is the 47 David Bradley, runs great with the original motor.

That's what I was thinking Collector! DB's are a popular hobby now. Collecting and restoring them.

The first lawn tractor I used was an ancient Rally DH and I bought in 2011. The engine had been replaced by a newer B&S 14 hp...I think. It ran beautifully, and still does, for over 45+ years. I never could find out when it was manufactured.

We do have 2 DB's out back. In very poor shape though. Found on the property, weeds growing through them.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@moxies_chickienuggets ,The DBs are easy to fix up, and look great. The one in the picture is 100% original except the tires they were not available until 1948. It still may have been sold with upgraded tires though in 48. Even if yours are old and rusty someone could still restore it, or it would make great yard art.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@moxies_chickienuggets ,The DBs are easy to fix up, and look great. The one in the picture is 100% original except the tires they were not available until 1948. It still may have been sold with upgraded tires though in 48. Even if yours are old and rusty someone could still restore it, or it would make great yard art.

I would sell them in a heartbeat.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector, I love that potting bench! Just beautiful. If you were closer I'd hire you to make me one. ;) You're keeping it very clean and organized.

Mary

Latest posts