Bestest Gift This Year?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
What gift are you giving to someone this year that you are really excited about? I haven't been able to make as many gifts this year as in some years, but I am pretty excited about the "Goldie Blocks" engineering sets that I got for some of the grand daughters. In toys, I like to get educational stuff when I can. One of the kids is getting a "Think Fun" puzzle. Last year I got him the Traffic Jam puzzle by Think Fun. It is really fun for all ages, but looks kind of chintzy when you first see it.
For the adults, it's the same old blah blah. I hope the kids will let this old grandma play with their toys. :fl

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm very excited for my grandparents to open their presents - i made personalized calendars on the photo website Snapfish. They came out AWESOME. My aunt and mother already opened theirs, they love them. It has TONS of family photos, and all the birthdays and anniversaries i could rustle up dates for. Plus the snapfish site was very easy to use, didnt take too long, cost was pretty good, about $10 a calendar.

I cant figure out what to get my husband, and he has NO suggestions for me. Tells me he doesnt need anything! :/ i'm pondering a new grill, it seems kind of a lame christmas present but we need one...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friend of mine is involved in show cattle. For Xmas, he made 2 holding gates for his GD's stuffed cows. This was way out of character for him. Interesting what G'parents will do for g'kids that they wouldn't even think of doing for their own kids....

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mom usually gets cookware for Christmas. This year my sister and I are banning together to buy her something different. We were sick and tired of hearing her complain - OK, not really, just being nice. :p

No idea what it is though, it was wrapped up about two weeks ago so I can't remember anymore.

I haven't gotten anything but money for Christmas for the past three years. It was the money that they'd usually use to buy me Christmas presents. This year year there buying presents for me again. Oh well, I already know that a lot of the presents are seeds and gardening books! :weee

I can't exactly tell you what I am most excited about that I bought somebody else. I can tell you what I bought that I'm NOT excited about though! I bought my dad a "country" CD. The only reason that he wanted it in the first place was for this super annoying song that plays on the country station! Its kind of more like an inter-city rap, hip-hop type of thing; I wouldn't consider it country. He may just like it because it annoys me.

Oh well, hopefully there is a pair of ear plugs sitting under the tree with my name on it! :D

kittiekat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm very excited for my grandparents to open their presents - i made personalized calendars on the photo website Snapfish. They came out AWESOME. My aunt and mother already opened theirs, they love them. It has TONS of family photos, and all the birthdays and anniversaries i could rustle up dates for. Plus the snapfish site was very easy to use, didnt take too long, cost was pretty good, about $10 a calendar.

I cant figure out what to get my husband, and he has NO suggestions for me. Tells me he doesnt need anything! :/ i'm pondering a new grill, it seems kind of a lame christmas present but we need one...

This is a great Christmas gift idea!

kittiekat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm planning to surprise my mom with a Shisheido Face Powder. My son sort of cracker her face powder kit and my mom won't stop nagging me about it. So I hope that she will like it.

I'm planning to give my hubby something that he really wanted for a really long time - a new luggage bag. I still need to buy it though.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I had a wonderful trip to Cancun several years ago. The following Christmas I got him two tropical shirts to be used for a future vacation. He was rummaging throughout the box looking for airline tickets mixed in with the shirts. No, just the dumb shirts.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I had a wonderful trip to Cancun several years ago. The following Christmas I got him two tropical shirts to be used for a future vacation. He was rummaging throughout the box looking for airline tickets mixed in with the shirts. No, just the dumb shirts.
Haha! silly man

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

Cool, I always give calendars to family with the important dates (Like my BD highlighted) ;) I like the idea of the Personalized one with your own photography. Where they very expensive?

Latest posts