Big Problems AT Work

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
^^ wonderful post Cane.

The gal at the transfer station in Angels Camp, where I went for five years to take my recycles and garbage, had horrible stories of horrible people. I felt for her to have to shoulder all the anger and frustration from her clients.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
any kind of public service type job can be a challenge.

i've never been a comfortable with strangers sort of person, but found out that i could function working at a small town public library, but i still had some moments where i wished i could have been someplace else...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh dear...
I'm am so sorry that this is STILL an ongoing hassle and headache for you and your business.
People can be jerks. I post almost daily on FB about something 'horrible' that someone has done at the scale.
It hurts to feel blamed for something you didn't do - and to feel rejected and condemned when you're doing all that can be done to fix a problem.
I WISH that I had the option of having someone so considerate and professional as you to care for my pets when I'm away.
:hugs Thank you it means a lot

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another thing that you may want to try as a preventive proactive measure is ... invest in a steam machine to steam clean / sanitize the kennels when vacant. You can also spread handfulls of rock salt on the floors when they are vacant, then hose them off when you need to house a dog there.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm funny thing a couple of weeks before start of this I looked into stream machines. I asked about them on a cleaning site. Most of the feed back was stream not hot enough to disinfect.
What steam does is help loosen fats , oils and other organic matter so that they can be washed away. The rock salt changes the ph of the organic matter on the floor that then can be washed away leaving cleaner surfaces. We did this simple proceedure twice a week on the University Pathology necropsy room whose ceiling and walls were 24 feet tall to help remove sources where pathogens can hide which lowered pathogen numbers and easier for the chemical big guns to destroy the rest.

Latest posts