Birds

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
A crow fell sick in the field behind my house. His flock gathered to protect him until he either got better or died. I don't know which.

IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG
IMG_5137.JPG
IMG_5146.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have a regular crew here which comes around on their circuit checking out their turf. normally it is twice a day relative to sunrise or sunset. mostly they are picking at road kill. if i trap mice (no poison used) i leave them in a certain spot and i think the crows are the ones that get them as they are gone within a day. since we do not plant corn i don't have issues with crows in the gardens. i like them. :)

from what i can tell their calls are to keep track of each other and may be related to how far they are apart, but i've not done any scientific studies to verify my hypotheses...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's funny. The only thing I've ever seen my rooster attack instead of run away from was a crow. When I butchered some chickens I tossed some "free protein" in the run for the remaining chickens to enjoy. That attracted a crow. When it landed the rooster ran it off.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
There is a group of large birds black ones the are make this terrible sound ~ scaring the other birds out of there nests ~ they then go in and take their young ~ and they'r wise ~ I've never been able to get a shot at one ~ by the time you know they are around ~ they've done their dirty deed and gone ```

Latest posts