Blueberry Cordial Liqueur Update post #29

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked 6 pounds of blueberries last Friday for $1 a pound. I will go this Friday and pick some more. Friday afternoons while my mom is at her ladies domino game at church is the only time I can do anything with out her. So I have always wanted to try making blueberry liqueur so here goes.

5 cups blueberries, frozen then thawed. (it bursts the molecular structure and releases more juice)
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups vodka

I put it in a 1 gallon glass jar, put the top on it and put in the pantry. I did 2 of these to use up the berries. I am supposed to shake it a couple times a week and let it set for 4-6 months. Then strain and enjoy! I can also use the berries over ice cream!

I'll be back in 6 months to let you know how it tastes...........hic........hic.........

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made that last year! I really enjoyed it... It is very sweet- you only need a little bit. After the berries sit in that alcohol, they are pretty strong. I didn't enjoy them- but the cordial itself was enjoyable. I bottled some up and included it with my "garden goodies" Christmas gifts.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
I made that last year! I really enjoyed it... It is very sweet- you only need a little bit. After the berries sit in that alcohol, they are pretty strong. I didn't enjoy them- but the cordial itself was enjoyable. I bottled some up and included it with my "garden goodies" Christmas gifts.
What recipe did you use? There were so many on the web sites that I didn't know which one to choose. Is what I did ok? More sugar? More vodka? :lol:

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Baymule,

Did you put the lid on tight? Is there any fermentation taking place? I'm curious if any pressure builds that might blow the top off.

We have a lot of blueberries and have made wine, but this blueberry liqueur sounds very tasty.

Tony

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just put the lid on, not real tight. I don't think it ferments, it is alcohol preserved! :lol: I am supposed to shake it a couple of times a week, I guess to mix it up.... I really don't know. We'll know in a few months!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh baymule... we are birds of a feather. I sure do end up with a pantry full of fruit liquors every year! :) I haven't done blueberry, but I bet that doing a blueberry lemonchello would go very nicely this year. :)

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule said:
I picked 6 pounds of blueberries last Friday for $1 a pound. I will go this Friday and pick some more. Friday afternoons while my mom is at her ladies domino game at church is the only time I can do anything with out her. So I have always wanted to try making blueberry liqueur so here goes.

5 cups blueberries, frozen then thawed. (it bursts the molecular structure and releases more juice)
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups vodka

I put it in a 1 gallon glass jar, put the top on it and put in the pantry. I did 2 of these to use up the berries. I am supposed to shake it a couple times a week and let it set for 4-6 months. Then strain and enjoy! I can also use the berries over ice cream!

I'll be back in 6 months to let you know how it tastes...........hic........hic.........
I made some raspberry cordial, a couple of years ago now...

I still have about a half gallon of the stuff!! I found a small jar with about a half a cup of it, and decided to drink it just now!! I added a few ounces of half and half!! It was quite yummy... but it went straight to my head!! I am sure I will soon be falling to sleep!!